Android users could not receive active feeds

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Prossser Community Church | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:25 AM

After login on Android phones they could not recieve the active signal.  They would deleat and redown loaed Logos app but still no change.  Under the presentation tab the active and past tabs were there but no presentations showed.  All ios phones wroked propperly.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:02 AM

We had the same experience yesterday (March 4, 2012) at the Olympia church of Christ.

Posts 7
Prossser Community Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:13 AM

I just did more research and discovered that ever ios or adroid user must turn on their location service on their mobil divices.  I called the individuals that had the problems and walked them through the process of turning on location servicel. and then put proclaim on air and they were able to receive the signal.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:17 AM

Please be sure that your Android users had set their Logos app to follow Presentations:

I'll be looking into this today, otherwise. Thanks!

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:27 AM

Prossser Community Church:

I just did more research and discovered that ever ios or adroid user must turn on their location service on their mobil divices.  I called the individuals that had the problems and walked them through the process of turning on location servicel. and then put proclaim on air and they were able to receive the signal.

Yes, I was able to confirm that Proclaim is sending out and picking up signals to Android devices just fine with those settings correctly registered. 

Glad to hear it's working for you now!

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:01 PM

Hunter,

I just attempted to get Proclaim to work on my Android phone.  Proclaim has worked on this phone for weeks but it is not responding correctly.  What it did on Sunday (and others with Andriod phones experienced this) is continuing to do today is to stack up the Scripture references at the bottom of the screen (newest on the bottom), but it does not take you to the text.  If you tap one of the Scripture references, it recycles and asks if you want to follow the presentation.  Also, I did not find the "Follow" item in the Settings.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:26 AM

Have you updated the Logos app to the latest version? There have been a number of updates lately.

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:54 AM

Hunter,

My app claims it is updated.  I now have the "Follow" section in settings.  Yet, I have the same problem.  Scripture text references come into the bottom of the screen but do not the actural text does not change.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 9:21 AM

What reference are you trying to navigate to, and in which bible?

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 10:35 AM

The NASB updated

Numerous references.  The two that come to my immediate memory are Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 8:12.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 4:18 PM

Are you using the NASB95 for the bible item in Proclaim and as your preferred bible in Logos 4 (this setting is shared with the mobile app)?

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:55 AM

Yes, NASB is the preferred Bible.

We did not get Android feeds again this week.  I do not know about iphone.

I checked the Proclaim account this morning and it no longer says we (Olympia church of Christ) are subscribed until Feb,, 2013.  However, clicking into the account information, under Subscriptions (which is in my personal account) it shows that I have a recurring subscription for Proclaim and was billed billed on Feb. 21, 2012.  The problem with that is that I do not have a billing for Proclaim on my credit card.  So, I think our problem is with the subscription.  Who do I clear this up with?

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 1:09 PM

Mark, from what I can see it looks like everything is correct on your account. You have an On-Air license through Feb 2013. The renewal charge will be placed on the 21st. 

Are you able to go On-Air without watermarks?

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 3:06 PM

Yes, I believe so.

Posts 19
Josh Weiland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 7:14 AM

We're having the same issue. Works perfect on iOS devices. Nothing on Kindle Fire, though "Follow Presentations" is enabled.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 10:04 AM

Joshua Weiland:

We're having the same issue. Works perfect on iOS devices. Nothing on Kindle Fire, though "Follow Presentations" is enabled.

The Kindle Fire does not support location-based services, at all. Sadly, there is no workaround for this save pestering Amazon to update their Operating System. 

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 10:07 AM

Mark Johnson:

Yes, I believe so.

This reminds me, Mark. What device are you using to test this? I am using a Motorola Atrix running Android 2.3.6 and it seems to work fine. 

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS