Speeding Opening of Bible Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 41
Rick Goettsche | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:23 PM

I have a Bible reading plan set up in Logos 4 (like I had in Logos 3). When I click on the reading for the day in the ribbon, it takes a long time for the plan to open. I suspect it is because when it does open, it also has a passage guide and the Bible Explorer open. In theory, it would be awesome to have these things open as I read...but not when it takes 5 seconds to display my Bible passage (and the guides don't even finish compiling by the time I'm done reading a couple chapters.) I've looked around trying to figure out if there was a way to set the default layout for this, but nothing I have found works. I think the big issue is the Bible Explorer (which seems redundant with the passage guide opened), but I'd really like the program to open up a layout of my own choosing when I click on my daily Bible reading. Does anyone know a way to do this? I hope I'm being clear. Thanks in advance for your help!

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:28 PM

Rick Goettsche:

I have a Bible reading plan set up in Logos 4 (like I had in Logos 3). When I click on the reading for the day in the ribbon, it takes a long time for the plan to open. I suspect it is because when it does open, it also has a passage guide and the Bible Explorer open. In theory, it would be awesome to have these things open as I read...but not when it takes 5 seconds to display my Bible passage (and the guides don't even finish compiling by the time I'm done reading a couple chapters.) I've looked around trying to figure out if there was a way to set the default layout for this, but nothing I have found works. I think the big issue is the Bible Explorer (which seems redundant with the passage guide opened), but I'd really like the program to open up a layout of my own choosing when I click on my daily Bible reading. Does anyone know a way to do this? I hope I'm being clear. Thanks in advance for your help!

Rick,

Opening a PG and BE is a designed feature with a Bible Reading Plan - other resources no. I don't like it, I just like to read not be distracted by stuff.

What I do is open the Bible I'm reading in first, then go back to the home page (it is a toggle) and click the BRP. It then just moves the Bible to the next section to read without the PG or BE.

Chris

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:30 PM

You're very clear Rick.  The current setup is blessing and curse.  It's great to have all those tools open with a bible reading plan.  But sometimes you don't want that.

There's no way to change it but you can circumvent it.

On the Ribbon you can see that today's reading starts in Romans 5:1  so just go to the commandbar and type Romans 5:1  You're bible will open and your reading plan should be visible.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:32 PM

Thomas Black:

You're very clear Rick.  The current setup is blessing and curse.  It's great to have all those tools open with a bible reading plan.  But sometimes you don't want that.

There's no way to change it but you can circumvent it.

On the Ribbon you can see that today's reading starts in Romans 5:1  so just go to the commandbar and type Romans 5:1  You're bible will open and your reading plan should be visible.

Thomas,

Why are your solutions always more elegant than mine? Sad

Chris

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:36 PM

Chris Elford:

Thomas,

Chris

Because he stole his answers from me.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:40 PM

Chris Elford:

Thomas,

Because I don't want Philip to claim they're his.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:05 PM

Phil,

Have you tried wearing the hydrant instead of the hat? In any event it certainly seems to be flowing tonight!

Posts 4
Gregory Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 9:45 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. Until Logos offers a solution this will work just fine.

Greg

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:07 AM

It would be nice if this was an on/off option.

(I understand the idea of a simple, clean user-interface, thats easy to use. But I also like options for those that want control of how the automatic stuff works.)

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:55 PM

Sorry for the Lazarus on this old thread....but having the same problem, I performed a search and found this.....I couldn't agree more.

The preferences pane in L4 is too skimpy Sad  I went there hoping to find a section for "Reading Plan", looking for the radio button to push that would say "open Bible only".

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:17 PM

It's kind of funny - I'm answering on this question for the third time today. There is an easy way to open just the Bible to where the Reading Plan continues without PG and Explorer opening at the same time. Just right click on the Reading plan and chose "Open link" in the "Link" section - that's all. Or is it that I've completely missed the point here?

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS