Ceslas Spicq's Commentary on Hebrews is set to be translated

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:36 PM

Eric Weiss:

An evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of Spicq's commentary on Hebrews:

http://books.google.com/books?id=m_ibMxphF_MC&pg=PA23&lpg=PP1&dq=The+use+of+the+Old+Testament+in+Hebrews:+a+case+study+in+early+Jewish+Bible&output=html_text

If the link doesn't work, go to Google Books for

The use of the Old Testament in Hebrews: a case study in early Jewish Bible

by Susan E. Docherty. Spicq is discussed beginning on p. 23

If you look at the product page you will see an endorsement from Dr. Docherty. I contacted a number of Hebrews scholars to gauge their interest, and interest there was!

Cliff

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:13 PM

Fabrice de Almeida:

Yes, if it was possible to make it available in french !! that would be awesome :-)

oui bien sûr!!! Yes

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:19 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:
These are two incredibly difficult books to find.

My French isn't anywhere near as good as my English, but it looks to me like both volumes are available right now at amazon.fr.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5607
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:42 PM

fgh:

Clifford Kvidahl:

My French isn't anywhere near as good as my English, but it looks to me like both volumes are available right now at amazon.fr.

Yep.  And volume 1 is in "Good" condition.  I wonder how trustworthy these listings are.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B0016VGTIY/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&qid=1331840435&sr=8-1&condition=all

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B007JB0288/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&qid=1331840382&sr=8-3&condition=all

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 6:12 PM

fgh:

Clifford Kvidahl:

I would jump on them if I did not have them already! They are not easy to find, especially vol. 2.

Cliff

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:01 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:
I would jump on them if I did not have them already! They are not easy to find, especially vol. 2.

I'll wait for the Logos version. Big Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:01 AM

Big "Bump"!!!

Peace to all!                   .. and .....           Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:10 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Big "Bump"!!!

Good idea. This seems to have stalled completely.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:05 PM

=> http://www.logos.com/product/17734/the-epistle-to-the-hebrews

More Pre-orders are need to change "Almost there!" to "Under Development"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 6:04 PM

I just put my prepub order in again.  I'll manage to separate some cash to pay for it when it finally comes out.  I believe we still have some time before it makes it out of prepub.

DAL

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 12:24 AM

thumbs up!

I would really love the french version too

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:05 AM

Edwin Sully PAYET:

thumbs up!

I would really love the french version too

Man, this work is taking a long time. I would prefer to have the French original over a translation but I'll just hope to get one or the other. This has been in the "mill" a long time. If this keeps up, I may lose one of the fruits of the Spirit. Wink

I have never owned this set so will be interested to read it.

Ergatees

Posts 9819
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:12 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

=> http://www.logos.com/product/17734/the-epistle-to-the-hebrews

More Pre-orders are need to change "Almost there!" to "Under Development"

Keep Smiling Smile

Yes! Yes

It seems, like you I ordered this exactly thirteen months ago when it came out - it's about time to get the ball rolling on this one! (and it has a good chance of starting soon, if only for a handful of pre-orders - unlike this other tranlation project lingering back)  

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9922
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:13 PM

OK.  It's about that time of the year to celebrate the centimeter that separates 'pre-pub' from 'in-development' (or maybe 'in-translation').

Notice also that Milford put in a big thumbs up.  Milford will always be a light, on the Logos forum.

Posts 95
Rick Brannan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:23 PM

Thanks for the reminder, Denise. I just gave a shout out on the Twitter. Let's hope.

https://twitter.com/RickBrannan/status/545720803564605440

Rick Brannan | Twitter: @RickBrannan
my books in print

Posts 2174
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:32 PM

Denise:
OK.  It's about that time of the year to celebrate the centimeter that separates 'pre-pub' from 'in-development'

Happy Holidays Denise! 2 years flies by when your having fun. Let's hope that it won't be 3 years before I have it in my hot little hands to brew overGeeked

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9922
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 1:51 PM

Happy Holidays to you too, Beloved.  I suppose the longer we wait, the more enticing Spicq's comments become!

And thank you, Rick.  I wonder how many translations Logos might sponsor, there's so many great non-English volumes out there.

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS