A Comedy of Errors?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 9 2012 7:34 AM

I did try to search for this issue without success so I turn to the community.

I can duplicate a freeze up of Logos 4 which, I believe, is caused by two different issues.

I discovered it as I was searching for the Greek lemma  "to judge"  in the NASB 1995. I was displaying the search results in a slightly narrow "Results" window and in the "Aligned" view. As I scrolled down the list the window started to adjust the highlighted area for a wider highlight and then it alternated between the narrow and the wide highlight and stuck there. (endless loop?). Logos no longer responded to any input.

The issue could be twofold. The first is a bug(?) in the way the "Search Results" window adjusts the "Aligned" highlighting from narrow to wide so as to encompass a phrase that was translated from the search word.

The second could be the way NASB tagged (?) Rev 18:20 and the Greek word "κρινω" to encompass the entire "οτι" clause at the end of the verse.

I can duplicate it on two different computers. If I open the "search" window as a floating window there is no problem. It seems to be the programming involved in adjusting the "aligned" highlighting when the highlighting section is wider than the window.

Is this a bug and can anyone else duplicate it? The key is to have a relatively narrow search results window and use the NASB 1995 for the word judge. (See above image file[ LOGOS ERR1 ]for my initial setup)

EDIT: The only way out is the trusty CNTRL ALT DEL.

Posts 5546
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 7:54 AM

Douglas Stolberg:
Is this a bug and can anyone else duplicate it? The key is to have a relatively narrow search results window and use the NASB 1995 for the word judge. (See above image file[ LOGOS ERR1 ]for my initial setup)

I tried this with an even narrower search window, and cannot get Logos to freeze or crash. I am using 4.5b beta 2, if that's the difference.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:08 AM

Thanks Richard,

I made the window much smaller and found that you are right, it was fine so my assumption about that was wrong. I tried adjusting the width while Rev 18:20 was not showing and then scrolling down to it and at certain widths it would crash.

It seems that this occurs at certain window widths and not simply when the highlight area is smaller than the window.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS