Still cannot use my Greek Audio NT in L4

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 17
Gerry Kwan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:22 AM
I sent emails to CS and still waiting for their reply...

I am using this version of NA27: Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition, without Morphology

The Greek Audio Bible works fine in my L3 (although I don't know why I can't install it on a 2nd PC), BUT it does not work in L4 (even the L4 and L3 both on the same machine)!

Once I have the little audio bar on the top right-hand corner. However, after some updates by L4 automatically, the bar disappeared ONLY for my NA27.

Am I missed something to have the audio Bible works in L4? such as moving the audio files...I am sure it works in my L3.

How do I know the Audio Bible is NOT working AT ALL, or just loading so I need to wait? When I click Ctrl-R / Read Aloud, my L4 hangs for a while.

I have read through the topic about the Greek audio Bible, and find nothing useful for me to solve the problem...

Here are my 2 PCs:

1) Laptop: Centrino Duo 2.00GHz, 1.5G ram, WinXP Sp3 (with L3 Greek audio Bible installed)

2) Office Desktop: Intel E2220 2.4GHz, 1G ram, Vista Sp2 (with L3 no Greek audio Bible not being installed)

I would also like to attached my log files, but don't know how to upload them in this forum.

Thank you so much!

Gerry

Posts 33
Jason Clapper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:40 AM

Hi Gerry,

I have the Greek audio Bible as well.  In L4, if you hit ctrl R, it will read whatever english text you are looking at aloud.  If you do this with your NA 27, it will read the Greek audio Bible.  You can also go to the book options in the upper left hand corer of your NA 27, click on the book, and select read aloud. 

I hope that helps :)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:25 AM

Jason,

You aren't referring to the "digitized-Steven-hawking-Microsoft-voiced" thing are you?

Gerry is talking about the purchased "Greek Audio bible" and mine doesn't work either...

:(

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 17
Gerry Kwan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:45 AM

Robert: I even cannot have that machanical voices...no media bar appears at all (I have tried the Ctrl+R or click "Read aloud").

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 6:51 AM

I don't think the GANT is working yet.  I don't have it so, can't test it.  I remember comments to this effect during beta - though I thought they had been resolved.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:21 AM

Thomas Black:

I don't think the GANT is working yet.  I don't have it so, can't test it.  I remember comments to this effect during beta - though I thought they had been resolved.

Thomas,

Apparently it is available and for sale: http://www.logos.com/products/details/4206

So, and since I'm interested in purchasing it, why don't you get it, test it and let us know what you think. The demo seems ok, but I'd be interested in another's thoughts!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:00 AM

Gerry Kwan:
I sent emails to CS and still waiting for their reply...

I am using this version of NA27: Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition, without Morphology

The Greek Audio Bible works fine in my L3 (although I don't know why I can't install it on a 2nd PC), BUT it does not work in L4 (even the L4 and L3 both on the same machine)!

Once I have the little audio bar on the top right-hand corner. However, after some updates by L4 automatically, the bar disappeared ONLY for my NA27.

Am I missed something to have the audio Bible works in L4? such as moving the audio files...I am sure it works in my L3.

How do I know the Audio Bible is NOT working AT ALL, or just loading so I need to wait? When I click Ctrl-R / Read Aloud, my L4 hangs for a while.

I have read through the topic about the Greek audio Bible, and find nothing useful for me to solve the problem...

Here are my 2 PCs:

1) Laptop: Centrino Duo 2.00GHz, 1.5G ram, WinXP Sp3 (with L3 Greek audio Bible installed)

2) Office Desktop: Intel E2220 2.4GHz, 1G ram, Vista Sp2 (with L3 no Greek audio Bible not being installed)

I would also like to attached my log files, but don't know how to upload them in this forum.

Thank you so much!

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

The Greek Audio NT is not working in the NA27 w/o Morphology. I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, so I will report it. Try Ctrl+R (Read Aloud) in the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition, the  Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition with McReynolds English InterlinearNestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition with GRAMCORD (TM) Greek New Testament Alpha Morphological Database, and the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition with GRAMCORD (TM) Greek New Testament Alpha Morphological Database and McReynolds English Interlinear.

Melissa

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:03 AM

No problem James,

Just call up logos and deposit some money credits for me, it looks like $45 USD will be enough. 

Let me know when you've done that and I'll check it out.

Posts 33
Chris Burrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:14 AM

I've been using it in L3.  I can get it to read in L4 so I can listen but unfortunately it doesn't follow along with the book like it did in L3. 

Not that big of a deal I guess, but it was nice if I looked away for a sec to be able to pick right back up thanks to that fancy arrow.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:18 AM

Yes, the Read Aloud feature works in the resource, but not the Greek Audio Bible function. I'll look into it.  ~ Melissa

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:30 AM

Melissa,

thanks very much.

Robert Pavich

Posts 17
Gerry Kwan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:36 AM

Melissa,

Thank you very much.

Gerry

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:37 AM

Thomas Black:

No problem James,

Just call up logos and deposit some money credits for me, it looks like $45 USD will be enough. 

Let me know when you've done that and I'll check it out.

Ha! I thought you already had everything they produce... I'm going to deposit $45, but sadly it won't be for you use.  Wink

I will report on my experience with the application. I'm taking a Greek class and I'd like to get to the point where I'm not forcing the pronounciation of words...

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:45 AM

I check this again with the NA27NM, rather than the NA27GBSNM (apparatus), and I found even Read Aloud is not working with the NA27NM. I will report this.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:50 AM

James Thompson:
Ha! I thought you already had everything they produce... I'm going to deposit $45, but sadly it won't be for you use.  Wink
And that's precisely why I don't have everything they produce.  Oh that I could  But that portfolio is just too far out of my reach right now.

Posts 33
Chris Burrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:05 AM

James Thompson:

I will report on my experience with the application. I'm taking a Greek class and I'd like to get to the point where I'm not forcing the pronounciation of words...

That's what I'm using it for.  It's a great tool for those pesky items like 'Read Matthew 1:1-17 until you can read it just as well as you can in English'.  Sure, no problem! Crying

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 11:09 AM

Chris Burrows:

That's what I'm using it for.  It's a great tool for those pesky items like 'Read Matthew 1:1-17 until you can read it just as well as you can in English'.  Sure, no problem! Crying

Thanks for your comment Chris. I one of those perfectionists (one of my own personal faults)... if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right...

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 11:14 AM

Thomas Black:

And that's precisely why I don't have everything they produce.  Oh that I could  But that portfolio is just too far out of my reach right now.

Yeah, Portfolio is way out of my reach too! I am going to upgrade to Platinum, probably today. I need to talk to CS first about an issue. From that point on, my future investments will probably be related to commentaries.... NICOT/NT for example. 

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:43 PM

Ok, I purchased the GANT module and was told several times that it would only work in L3 not in L4. I accepted the terms and purchased it anyway. I had decided that I'd be comfortable using it in L3 until Libronix got around to making it compatable in L4.

Well to my surprise it works fine in L4 but not at all in L3!  Huh?  The reading is a little fast however. I wish there were controls to slow down the pace of the reading. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:30 AM

James Thompson:

Well to my surprise it works fine in L4 but not at all in L3!  Huh?  The reading is a little fast however. I wish there were controls to slow down the pace of the reading. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Well, I can't speak for L4...but when I had it in L3 you could choose (on a drop down menu) between 3 speeds..

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS