Oh come on! How can people be more interested in Chronicles than Revelation?!

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2012 2:17 PM

Paul Chatfield:
I reckon it should go/have gone for $12-15
Yes

My bid is $15, and I am not raising it.  

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2012 5:23 PM

Evan Boardman:

David J. Wilson:
Sorry if I upset anyone - I increased my  bid

Now do it for Thomas Boston.Cool

http://www.logos.com/product/8525/the-whole-works-of-thomas-boston

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Yes  Yes  Yes  Yes - Yes - Please - Only a few votes are needed !! Yes  Yes  Yes

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:06 PM

The Spanish product page for the Revelation commentaries got a plug on Google+ today which may help a little

Posts 19073
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:20 PM

David Carter:

The Spanish product page for the Revelation commentaries got a plug on Google+ today which may help a little

Wow, I never knew they had Spanish versions of the product pages. And I wonder why they advertised the Spanish version but not the English one on Google+?

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:22 AM

Take another look at the content before you decline and pass this one by....

Quite a reasonable chance now that this could get down to $15: Classic Commentaries and Studies on Chronicles

http://www.logos.com/product/17651/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-chronicles

This volume by Barnes might be worth $15 on its own to many:

An Apparatus Criticus to Chronicles in the Peshitta Version

• Author: W. E. Barnes
  • Publisher: University Press
  • Publication Date: 1897
  • Pages: 104

Sample Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Concisely examining the Peshitta (Syriac Vulgate) with regard for semantic variation and omission, W. E. Barnes provides verse-by-verse elucidation of the text. Barnes seeks to convey the inherent purpose of the textwhile noting several instances of textual substitution and mistranslation. The author draws upon the Jacobite MS, Florentine MS, Peshitta, Septuagint, and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia for semantic comparison.

W. E. Barnes (1859–1939) was Fellow and Chaplain of Peterhouse, Hulsean Professor of Divinity, and Examining Chaplain to the Bishop of London.

The Chronicles

• Author: Richard G. Moulton
  • Publisher: The Macmillan Company
  • Publication Date: 1901
  • Pages: 300

Covering in detail the genealogy and history covered in the books of Chronicles, Ezra, and Nehemiah, Richard G. Moulton moves expositionally through the text with emphasis on the restoration of Israel. Moulton expresses the importance of the Chronicles in understanding Israel's historical relationship with Yahweh under the law.

In view of the significance and possible results of Professor Moulton's undertaking, it is not too much to pronounce it one of the most important spiritual and literary events of the times.

The Outlook, New York

Unquestionable here is a task worth carrying out: and it is to be said at once that Dr. Moulton has carried it out with great skill and helpfulness. Both the introduction and the notes are distinct contributions to the better understanding and higher appreciation of the literary character, features, and beauties of the Biblical books treated.

The Presbyterians and Reformed Review

Richard G. Moulton (1849–1924) was Professor of English Literature at the University of Chicago. Moulton was born in England and educated as a lawyer before immigrating to America.

The Books of Chronicles in Relation to the Pentateuch and the "Higher Criticism"

• Author: A. C. Hervey
  • Publisher: SPCK
  • Publication Date: 1892
  • Pages: 184

Originally delivered as a series of five lectures before the Society for Promoting Higher Education, A. C. Hervey provides concise commentary covering authenticity, scope, and application of the text. Hervey seeks to relay the inherent connection between Chronicles and the Pentateuch with regard for the law and redemption. The author emphasizes the reoccurring themes of apostasy and reconciliation throughout the text.

A. C. Hervey (1808–1894) was educated at Eton College and Trinity College, Cambridge before being ordained. Hervey went onto to become Bishop of Bath and Wells during his life of clerical work.

The Chronicle of Man, or, The Genealogies in the Book of Chronicles Viewed as Foreshadowing the Purpose of the Ages

• Author: F. M. Fearnley
  • Publisher: Samuel Bagster and Sons
  • Publication Date: 1875
  • Pages: 288

F. M. Fearnley's The Chronicle of Man, or The Genealogies in the Book of Chronicles Viewed as Foreshadowing the Purpose of the Ages provides exegesis on the genealogies found in First Chronicles within historical context. Fearnley critically examines the lineage as a key part of understanding biblical history.

F. M. Fearnley is also the author of The Bread of God, This Life and the Life to Come, and Elijah and Elisha.

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:34 AM

This collection closes in about 2 hours!

Posts 3717
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:55 AM

And.... Rosie's thread is completely hijacked.... started out agin' Chronicles... now for it.... LOL

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:37 PM

Still no e-mail saying it passed for $20?

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:50 PM

Evan Boardman:

Still no e-mail saying it passed for $20?

That could be because it's still open to bids!

Posts 10
Wildbio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:59 PM

I'm not sure I understand.   I just finished a 1 1/2 year study of Revelation with my Sunday School class.  I would love the Revelation Resource, but $160 is a LOT of money.  Can I bid $50 even though it's listed at $160?  I realize that I won't get it for $50 if it costs more to produce, but if others get interested won't that drop the price.  My concern is if I bid $50 and it goes for $160 will I have time to bid that before it goes for $934.95?

Posts 35
Harvey Quackenbush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:03 PM

Charles Cope:

I'm not sure I understand.   I just finished a 1 1/2 year study of Revelation with my Sunday School class.  I would love the Revelation Resource, but $160 is a LOT of money.  Can I bid $50 even though it's listed at $160?  I realize that I won't get it for $50 if it costs more to produce, but if others get interested won't that drop the price.  My concern is if I bid $50 and it goes for $160 will I have time to bid that before it goes for $934.95?

On previous collections that I have purchased, Logos always gives me a heads up BEFORE the pricing closes, so I would assume that you would get a chance to increase your bid, if need be. I was at $160.00 but dropped it to $50.00 in hopes that it will get moving...

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:19 PM

Charles Cope:
Can I bid $50 even though it's listed at $160?

Yes, most definitely.

Charles Cope:
if I bid $50 and it goes for $160 will I have time to bid that before it goes for $934.95?

Yes (provided you make sure to always check your mail (or the CP page) at least once between noon Wednesday and noon Friday PST).

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:34 PM

I can barely tell a difference between the two bids.  It looks like they are almost equal.

We can't be more than a bid or two away from $50 being the projected price!

Posts 35
Harvey Quackenbush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:13 PM

Ronald Quick:

I can barely tell a difference between the two bids.  It looks like they are almost equal.

How can you tell??? What do you look at or look for??? I sincerely hope that we can get the price down to $50.00...

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:45 PM

Harvey Quackenbush:

Ronald Quick:

How can you tell??? What do you look at or look for??? I sincerely hope that we can get the price down to $50.00...

Looking at projected price progress at => http://www.logos.com/product/8522/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-revelation concur $ 50 is close to $ 160, but $ 50 times number of Logos bidders of $ 50 (or more) is currently less than $ 160 times number of Logos user bids of $ 160 (or more).

Apologies: not know how many more new $ 50 bids and/or drop of $ 160 bids are needed until projected price drops to $ 50, which would be an awesome bargain for 12,448 pages by 20 authors with many volumes so a bid of $ 160 is (was) worthwhile for many Logos users.

Note: for $ 50 bids to cover 100 % of estimated production cost, needs 220 % more bidders than $ 160; yet Logos user community is growing so wonder about attractiveness of $ 50 projected price.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 10:06 AM

HELP, HELP, HELP   Can you Pleeease see your way into HELPING these volume go into production? Left Hug Thanks alot, not only thanks but i will see you one better. If/when  you have a book you want to go into production i will help you if I have not already placed a pid on it. 

THANKS  Cool 

Armwood

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 10:10 AM

Armwood:

HELP, HELP, HELP   Can you Pleeease see your way into HELPING these volume go into production? Left Hug Thanks alot, not only thanks but i will see you one better. If/when  you have a book you want to go into production i will help you if I have not already placed a pid on it. 

THANKS  Cool 

The Revelation set needs bidders in at $50; the $160 bid has just increased again, but it won't go over at $160 -  it's been stuck there for something like two years; the $50 bump was started about six months ago and has increased substantially. New bids at $50 is the only way we'll see this set. 

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 10:32 AM

In at 50 

We are waiting,WAIT,waiting..................Confused

Armwood

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 10:38 AM

Armwood:

In at 50 

We are waiting,WAIT,waiting..................Confused

I thought the $50 might overtake a few days ago; it'll probably be a couple of weeks now. It'll be interesting to see how fast it goes over the top when (and if) the $50 becomes the highest peak.

Posts 3717
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:16 PM

Dean053:
I thought the $50 might overtake a few days ago;

Yep... still waiting here, too...

http://www.logos.com/product/8522/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-revelation

BTW, since Chronicles has already crossed over into the light (of prepub), we should probably start a new thread on the Revelation CC's, or use one of the existing ones...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS