Import Libronix 3 notes into Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Shawn DeJong | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:42 PM

Does anyone know how to get the notes I created in Libronix 3, and import them into Logos 4? 

Thanks in advance!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:49 PM

Shawn DeJong:

Does anyone know how to get the notes I created in Libronix 3, and import them into Logos 4? 

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums Shawn!

To do that, first make sure that your Libronix notes are in the default location and are accessible by Libronix. If that's true then all you have to do is type import notes in the command bar at the top of the Logos 'ribbon' (It's that blank area with the word "command" in light grey).

You can also import your highlighting and some other things as well. If you want you could type import all and get as much as Logos can get from Libronix.

See this wiki page for a complete description of what you can import from Libronix:

EDIT: Oops almost forgot to mention the need to prepare notes for import. See this page for instructions on how to do that (be sure to follow all the links)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 16
David R Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 1:27 PM

I had problems in importing my notes/highlights to Logos 4 on my Windows 7 system. IMPORT ALL didn't report anything and appeared not to do anything.

First I discoverd that Libronix was using D:\LibronixUser\Libronix DLS to store notes, highlights, toolbars etc. instead of Documents\Libronix DLS (C:\Users\David\Documents\Libronix DLS on my computer). 

I got it to work by:

1. Copying UpdateNotes.lbxctb to my D:\LibronixUser\Libronix DLS\Custom Toolbars. Then the toolbar appeared in Libronix and I was able to prepare the notes.
  2. I then copied the folders Annotations, ResourceMarkup and Verselists from my D:\LibronixUser\Libronix DLS to the default location D:\LibronixUser\Libronix DLS
  3. I was then able to do IMPORT ALL in Logos 4 and it worked Smile

The IMPORT ALL seems to only look for annotations in the default location for user data files, but on Libronix it's possible to change this location through menu: Tools->Options->PowerTools and selecting User files. I did this to ensure that my user Libronix data was on a location that I regularly backed-up.

It would be nice if Logos 4 IMPORT looked at the actual location of the user data as stored in the Libronix configuration, rather than just the default location.

Not I've just goto work out how I can keep my notes backed-up from Logos 4Huh?

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 1:34 PM

Shawn - David,

You need to do this first – read carefully:

http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3

Hope this helps...

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 2:01 PM

Room4more:

Shawn - David,

You need to do this first – read carefully:

http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3

Hope this helps...

Follow the instructions in R4M's link.  You must prepare your notes to be imported before actually doing so.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS