Can I get my new book on Logos 4 on Logos 3

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Mark Tetzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:42 AM

I upgraded from Logos 3 silver to Logos 4 Platinum.  Logos 4 is too slow on my laptop which is a low power system, so I want to keep using Logos 3, can I get all the new books I got with my Logos 4 Platinum to work on my Logos 3 so that I can get the benefit of the upgrade on my laptop. 

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:07 AM
This is a faq, please search the forums for more detail. The short answer is maybe. Some resources actually require L4. Some resources are being rebuilt from L4 to L3, and some are already available. Logos is working on a autoupdate script that will download your resources into L3, but it's not ready just yet.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1848
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:10 AM

We'll also have a $4.95 media only disk that you can purchase to load your new books on Logos 3. It should be ready for purchase very soon.

Posts 3715
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:22 AM

I would suggest that when this takes place, an announcement be made both on the forums and by the email daily blog. I think that many of us would like to avail ourselves to this as soon as possible.

Phil, I would add as an incentive for Logos' work on this script that I think there will be folks who will be interested in the great deals that have come with the redesigned LE collections but are not ready to jump to Logos 4 yet. If it is possible for them to upgrade to one of the new packages and (except for Logos 4-specific resources) use these in Logos 3, you can look for business volume with these customers. I know I would recommend this option to different people in my congregation.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:10 AM

Here's what I found on this topic from Bradley Grainger:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4655/36745.aspx#36745

I believe they are doing their very best.  And I wanted them last week.Big Smile

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:44 AM

Phil Gons:
We'll also have a $4.95 media only disk that you can purchase to load your new books on Logos 3. It should be ready for purchase very soon.

It would be cool if there was an ISO that we could download and burn to disk, to save postage costs and time. If need be, I would be happy to pay for the download costs.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:49 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
It would be cool if there was an ISO that we could download and burn to disk, to save postage costs and time. If need be, I would be happy to pay for the download costs.
You mean like this: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4080/34512.aspx#34512

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:50 AM

Thomas Black:

Those are the Logos 4 Version of resources though, correct?

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:57 AM

Oh.  Yes they are.

Check the Wiki

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:16 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Yes, yes, yes, please. Put it on the FTP, please.

Bohuslav

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:21 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Donovan R. Palmer:

There is at

Bradley Grainger:

An ISO image of the Logos 4 Install Disc (Windows-only, SR-5) is available for download from ftp://ftp.logos.com/Logos4/ISO/SR5/Logos4-SR5-Windows.iso

Chris

EDIT: Because you'll ask:

Bradley Grainger:

It includes all the resources in the Scholar's Library: Platinum collection (and below).

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:23 PM

Chris Elford:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Donovan R. Palmer:

There is at

Bradley Grainger:

An ISO image of the Logos 4 Install Disc (Windows-only, SR-5) is available for download from ftp://ftp.logos.com/Logos4/ISO/SR5/Logos4-SR5-Windows.iso

Chris

WE'RE TALKING VERSION 3 RESOURCES HERE PEOPLE!  Big Smile

(that disk (version 3) isn't available yet)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:24 PM

Chris Elford:

I have this one. I downloaded that already. But here we are talking about the L3 resources from LE versions, I suppose.

Bohuslav

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:25 PM

Sorry, Todd. I cut in in middle of the thread and didn't back up a page to see the context.

Eisegesis!

Chris

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:36 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Chris Elford:

I have this one. I downloaded that already. But here we are talking about the L3 resources from LE versions, I suppose.

Several of the L4 resources are still being rebuilt for L3 (per Bradley somewhere on these forums).

Check the Wiki

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:38 PM

Chris Elford:

Sorry, Todd. I cut in in middle of the thread and didn't back up a page to see the context.

Eisegesis!

Chris

That's okay. Mr. Black did the same thing.  And that must say something about you.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:45 PM

Todd Phillips:

That's okay. Mr. Black did the same thing.  And that must say something about you.

Groan.... that's just baiting Philip Spitzer.  He'll be along any minute now...

Check the Wiki

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:47 PM

Todd Phillips:

I'm sure it does. And I'm sure Phil will tell me soon.

Chris

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:56 PM

Phil Gons:

I thought that is what I purchased a few days ago. Are you saying it is not on the site yet? If so, I must have bought something I did not intend to.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 1:06 PM

The one you bought Jerry was for L4 resources, Phil means an L3 disk I believe.

Check the Wiki

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS