Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 106 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3885
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 7:33 AM

Bill Shewmaker:
it makes reading fun again

that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Yes   And, a couple hours after this post, I ordered the 32.  will be delivered next Tuesday.  Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1072
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 7:50 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Bill Shewmaker:

that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Yes   And, a couple hours after this post, I ordered the 32.  will be delivered next Tuesday.  Smile

Good show! You will not be disappointed. I have made a few purchases in my life that I regret. The price of Apple products always makes my stomach churn a little, but I have never regretted buying something from Apple.

Posts 3885
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:45 AM

William Gabriel:
Good show! You will not be disappointed.

thank you!  i am looking forward to it, and appreciate your hearty endorsement!

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 11:50 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Bill Shewmaker:

Good for you, Dan. Hope it works out well for you.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:03 PM

Bill Moore:

Bill, when are you going to take the plunge? Smile

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:16 PM

Paul Clarke:

Bill Moore:

Bill, when are you going to take the plunge? Smile

Hi Paul. Hopefully, it won't be too long. My putting the NICOT/NT on a 12-month plan six months ago has put a crimp in my budget. One of our church members told me last night (and he's the IT guy for his company) that they just received a bunch of iPads for board members and upper level staff, so he would be bringing his to show me within a week or so. That may push me into so creative budgeting!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:18 PM

Bill Moore:

My putting the NICOT/NT on a 12-month plan six months ago has put a crimp in my budget.

I know that feeling too!  That's a great resource, and I hope one day soon you get the chance to read it on your new iPad.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:21 PM

Paul Clarke:

Bill Moore:

My putting the NICOT/NT on a 12-month plan six months ago has put a crimp in my budget.

I know that feeling too!  That's a great resource, and I hope one day soon you get the chance to read it on your new iPad.

Thanks. That's something to look forward to. I have this idea, perhaps just part of the ongoing attempt to justify getting an iPad (!), that I will be able to do more focused, less distracted, study on an iPad than on my notebook computer.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 3:42 PM

All I can say is that I am wowed with the nice size font when reading my Logos books and the page size compared with what I was used to with the rooted Nook Color. I find it a joy to use the new iPad. Sell something and get one is my thought!

Ergatees

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:49 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Dan Francis:
I will let you know more when i have my iPad tuesday at the latest.if you are talking about using it as a stand the leather strap secures it well for a stand in  either viewing positions. as for in bed i will let you know by wednesday...

thanks, Dan.  I am noticing the price, about 3 times more than others I am looking at on amazon.  that may count me out right now.  but I would still be interested in your first hand report.

I am very pleased with my iPad and BOOKBOOK case. it works well and protects the iPad well, I am not sad to have purchased this case although it is pricey i am very happy with it. I did take a small rubber/felt pad with a a small magnet from a pair of magnetic earrings, and now when i open the BookBook it turns on automatically and stencilled on a cross.

-Dan

Posts 28597
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:05 PM

Looks nice Dan! Thanks for sharing. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3885
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:16 AM

alabama24:

I'm with alabama on this.  I didn't realize they had a cool cover like yours.  I assume they have several choices?  I'll have to plan for a Christmas gift request, maybe?!  I ended up with a cheaper "INVELLOP" brand.  It was recommended and had good reviews (save for several with ipad3s that didnt work so well with it).  I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the one I received, but it is not bad.  just not as nice as I expected.  But it'll serve a purpose.

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:46 PM

Dan DeVilder:

alabama24:

I'm with alabama on this.  I didn't realize they had a cool cover like yours.  I assume they have several choices?  I'll have to plan for a Christmas gift request, maybe?!  I ended up with a cheaper "INVELLOP" brand.  It was recommended and had good reviews (save for several with ipad3s that didnt work so well with it).  I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the one I received, but it is not bad.  just not as nice as I expected.  But it'll serve a purpose.

Just 2 basic designs Red and Black, although I believe being hand made they are each a bit unique i.e.. each one is hand finished so the distressing is all different. My spine is not nearly as distressed as the red one on the website. The black version is a bit plainer but i think it  has a more elaborate spine design. The BOOKBOOK looks like a very worn journal or similar book. the black one is marked as volume XII, a nod to the company's name Twelve South. But it is very strong but has the feel of a comfortable favourite old volume.

-Dan

Posts 3885
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:44 PM

Me using new ipad2. Me like!!!!!

Posts 101
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:02 PM

Hope you enjoy it Dan. 

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:10 PM

jtondee:

Hope you enjoy it Dan. 

Sounds like a foregone conclusion. Wink

Posts 79
David Hilty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2012 7:47 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

The iPad cover Lock/Unlock setting is the same on the New iPad as it is on the iPad 2, both have the on/off option.

Not exactly. Apple changed the polarity of the magnets, so if you have an iPad 2 case it may not trigger the wake/sleep function of the new iPad. 

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 4:31 AM

Something else to consider for anyone undecided between iPad 2 or iPad 3:

iPad 1st Gen has 256 MB ram and crashes often on apps needing lots of memory. Using Tabs in the browser, pages need to keep downloading all the time.

iPad 2nd Gen has 512 MB ram, as does the iPhone 4S (unsure on other models).

iPad 3rd Gen has 1 GB ram, and apps that used to crash on iPad 1 now seem fine. Maybe less Logos crashes, but too new to know yet. Of course the new HD screen makes text way better. Speed is faster than Gen 1. Browser sessions way better, and less page refresh / re-downloads, due to increased ram.

Bottom line: The iPad 3 has more going for it than only the new  display.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:13 PM

I just got a smart cover for my new iPad and it works flawless. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1072
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:37 PM

David Hilty:

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

The iPad cover Lock/Unlock setting is the same on the New iPad as it is on the iPad 2, both have the on/off option.

Not exactly. Apple changed the polarity of the magnets, so if you have an iPad 2 case it may not trigger the wake/sleep function of the new iPad. 

So then when I turn the feature "off" it should lock and unlock with the old covers, right?! Wink  Because when I have it "on" it doesn't work right...so it's just that all the bits have been flipped?!

Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS