ALT + ` No longer works.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 44
Ed Jent | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:34 AM

Anyone else lose the ability to use the shortcut ALT + ` I liked this but lost it some time ago and was hoping it would come back in an update but it hasn't. 

Alt+`

(backtick, key at top-left of the keyboard)

quick comparison of the active verse/selected text

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:36 AM

Is that what F7 is?

Chris

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:36 AM

Ed,

Number one...I was desperately trying to remember what that keystroke was! thanks!

#2..yes..sadly, it's gone...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5566
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:37 AM

Ed Jent:
Anyone else lose the ability to use the shortcut ALT + ` I liked this but lost it some time ago and was hoping it would come back in an update but it hasn't. 

This was replaced a while back by F7.

This happened because many keyboards outside of North America, don't have the same character available. F7 should be available on a keyboard for any language group.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 44
Ed Jent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:38 AM

Exactly! This works. Thanks Chris. Did they change the shortcut? I actually like F7 better.

Posts 44
Ed Jent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:47 AM

You guys are fast. Answers before I even post my thanks! 

I do wish it would not use the text that is already open since, obviously, I an already see that one. The advantage would be great when you are using a laptop screen because it only shows three on a small screen.Sad

I guess then it would give me 2-6 of my prioritized list. I guess this might mess up text comparison though when you show differences. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS