Camp Logos Live DVD Training

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Rodney Ochs | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 18 2012 5:48 AM

Im newer to Logos and really feel im not using this to its potential. So i need some training.. i have looked at some of the wiki with some success. But felt the DVDs is probably the way to go. 

Then i noticed the training books.. Can someone help be determine if the training books are comparable to the training dvd's? Or should i just hold out and pay for the DVDs?

Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 5:53 AM

The Camp Logos DVDs cover basically the same material as the books, but really show you how to do things. The books act more as a reference guide, and are probably more complete.

Before shelling out money for either of those, have you had a chance to watch the FREE "Unofficial Logos Tutorial" videos that Mark Barnes did (http://www.logos4training.com)? They are excellent! John Fallahee, a former Logos employee who also does Logos training vidoes (though he's not their official trainer like Morris Proctor is) also has some free material, and offers free live webinars on Mondays. These later get turned into downloadable videos which you have to pay for.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 6:03 AM

Wiki has => Getting Started with Logos that includes Learning Logos

Also, wiki has => Logos 4 Video Tutorials

Personally Thankful for many friendly forum discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:00 PM

Rodney,

The manuals are great to use as reference material. Each manual is over 170 pages and has a detailed Table of Contents and index in the back. So if you ever have a specific topic you want to look up, that's what you would use. Combined, the manuals are basically a "Logos textbook."

The Camp Logos DVDs are also detailed and if your budget can afford it, that's what would benefit you the most. During Camp, Morris (the authorized trainer) takes you through all of the features. The DVDs are around 8 hours long, but they also have an indexed menu so you can jump around to whatever section you need help on. Our recommendation is that you watch the DVD from start to finish over a few days, then go back to what areas will benefit you the most. 

I hope this helps!

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:03 PM

Moe, Welcome to the forums!  I hope to see you again in Tampa some time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS