I'd love to see the Puritan book set: The Works of William Bridge

thanks

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:45 PM

Jacques:

thanks

Me too. Yes Yes Yes

But right now I'd rather see some traction all the way to the 100% funded point on some the author-based Puritan sets already in the Community Pricing pipeline (Boston [very close], Clarkson, Brooks, Watts, and Manton to name a few) before adding more. The Classic Commentaries series has almost drowned out interest in puritan author collections in the last few months. I am grateful, however, that Sibbes, Swinnock, and Howe went through before the onslaught of Classic Commentaries and are already available.

On the other hand, Bridge has been out of print and unavailable (except used at very high prices) for over a decade (Don Kistler's high quality Soli Deo Gloria reprint of the 5 volume set being the last in 1989), so maybe there is a large amount of pent up demand for teh set and this is the time to get it in the pipeline.

Posts 104
Bentley Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:09 PM

Agreed!

Posts 679
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 12:39 PM

Jacques:

Yes

Posts 679
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:52 AM

Randy Lane:

On the other hand, Bridge has been out of print and unavailable (except used at very high prices) for over a decade (Don Kistler's high quality Soli Deo Gloria reprint of the 5 volume set being the last in 1989), so maybe there is a large amount of pent up demand for teh set and this is the time to get it in the pipeline.

Bridge's works are in the process of being republished by Solid Ground Christian Books - would still be great to have them in Logos!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS