Spurgeon sermons - within Passage Guide results or searching by verse

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 183
Jacques | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 19 2012 5:49 PM

I have Spurgeon's sermons in Logos. When I do a Passage Guide, I'd like any appropriate Spurgeon sermon in my library to also pop up in the results panel. Can anyone suggest how to set this up?

Also, is there a quick way to search the Spurgeon sermons by scripture? The index is in alphabetical order, and that's all that's offered. What are you guys doing to quickly search for to see if Spurgeon preached on a certain passage that you're interested in?

thanks

Posts 898
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 5:53 PM

Jacques:

I have Spurgeon's sermons in Logos. When I do a Passage Guide, I'd like any appropriate Spurgeon sermon in my library to also pop up in the results panel. Can anyone suggest how to set this up?

Also, is there a quick way to search the Spurgeon sermons by scripture? The index is in alphabetical order, and that's all that's offered. What are you guys doing to quickly search for to see if Spurgeon preached on a certain passage that you're interested in?

thanks

Scripture index right HERE

"I read dead people..."

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 6:38 PM

Hello Jacques,

There are many ways, i am not sure which is best for you. 

Here is a way with help from the wonderful Logo's 4 Training Video's or working knowledge.

http://www.logos.com/videos       Official videos.  View passage guide in platform of choice

http://www.logos4training.com/  Unofficial video.  Thank you Mark Barnes

Create a collection with the book and/or others.  Create a New Guide (with new guide template).  Make sure 'Reference' is selected', Click or drag 'collection' in the pane on the left to the pane on the right.  Click down arrow on the collection and choose the new one you just made.  Close.

Click Guide on the Logo's menu select the guide you made and run the passage.  If you are going to run this guide much, then drag it to the shortcut area for one click access.

Hope this helps and is correct in content.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS