Downloading Stalls at 9%

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 24 2012 2:45 PM

Logos is reporting that 143.5 MB of updates are available, but when I select "download now" the download starts and then stall out at 9%. A few times I've been able to get it to go up to around 43% by canceling the download and then running the "update now" command, but it hasn't gotten further than that.

The weird thing is that I don't even know what it's downloading. I'm running 4.5a SR-1 and it's set to the stable channel. As far as I can tell it's downloaded all resources.

Any ideas?

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:23 PM

Hi Mitchell?

What is downloading is probably one of those updates that contains corrections to typos etc in your current library.

However you are well behind on the service releases as the latest release is SR-6.

May I suggest that you try downloading the latest version of the program before continuing with your investigations.

DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING AT THIS STAGE

Go here and follow the instructions at Option 1 (the new edition will overwrite the existing installation)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:08 AM

mitchellisdumb:

The weird thing is that I don't even know what it's downloading. I'm running 4.5a SR-1 and it's set to the stable channel. As far as I can tell it's downloaded all resources.

Any ideas?

Looking at => Logos 4 Release Notes and => Mac Release Notes and History noticed Logos 4.5a SR-1 is the current stable release.

If diagnostic logging is enabled, could look in Indexer.log file to see names of individual files being downloaded, which was preceded by entries in Logos4.log file showing items being queued for download.

Optional: download and use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 74
Dennis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:56 PM

Boy you guys lost me with all that! Anyway I just purchased my first Mac an iMac 27' i7 lastest model 12.2  which can run 32g of Ram which I installed myself and the system is recognizing it and using it so I dont have a hardware problem. I am new to Mac but loving it! Although I am not new to Logos I have been with them since the early days before logos 4. I installed my Logos 4 library on this system and it seems to have everything but it keeps saying there are new updates and as the post above it gets to a certain point and stalls, never starting again. Sometimes I can cancel the download and logos will install one or two things then tell me there are still updates to download and install with a different size but again it will only download to a certain point and stop. This was ok as long as I could get it to work by canceling and restarting but this last one never seems to do anything just tries to download over and over. I am running Logos Bible Software 4.5c SR-2 (4.53.0.2280) I dont know if that is what I should have or not. Please help if you can.

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 2:01 AM

Dennis

Your best bet would be to ring Customer Services and ask them for some practical help. It would certainly be the quickest way to get to the bottom of your problems.

If, like me, you live outside the USA you will find SKYPE a low cost way of contacting them.

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:25 PM

Hi Dennis,

I am going to email you about your situation.

Posts 74
Dennis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:50 PM

Thanks Tommy,

I made the Log files and sent them to your email.

Peace,

Dennis

Posts 74
Dennis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2012 1:15 PM

Tommy Ball to the rescue! I sent him my logs and a few days later we talked on the phone and I let him work on my machine remotely, which took a while. I'll give it to Tommy, he is patient and persistent. He discovered that for some reason the problem was in my wifi router because when we plugged directly from the modem everything run fine! So I took down the old netgear router and bought an Apple Extreme base station wifi router. was up and running in a few minuets and downloads started behaving normally. I bought 5 resources they downloaded, the system alerted me that it was ready to install and needed to reboot. (which it had never done before) I rebooted and bingo there were my new resources. Indexing on the machine began and in only a few minuets the whole process was completed! Haven't had a problem since!! Hallelujah! whereas before I had the ever-present "downloading updates" stuck at whatever percent it chose and never got finished.. Thank God for Tommy and Logos 4 !

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS