Suggestion: A "Reveal Tagging" feature to show us what tagging is behind a selection

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19067
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:25 AM

Kind of like "Reveal Codes" in WordPerfect (or so I hear; I never used that word processor, for obvious reasons to anyone who knows me and knows what I did in my past life. Smile)

There are a couple of reasons why this would be useful:

1) For learning how better to search for things. For example I see authors' names at the end of articles in Encyclopedias. I want to know how to search for all short articles like this by a particular author. I wonder what the tagging is on those names, so that I know what to select in the "Search In" dropdown. Is it tagged as Article Author, Author, Large Text? Also for learning and experimenting with what all those other things in the "Search In" dropdown are, it would be really helpful to be able to visualize the tagging that's behind what we see on the screen.

2) For reporting problems to Logos. If something isn't working as expected, and we can detect that tagging is probably wrong, it would be nice for us more advanced users to be able to nail it when reporting the problem.

This could be a debug-only feature perhaps, that's only enabled in the beta versions, but for reason #1 I think it ought to be exposed all the time.

Posts 23630
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:43 AM

Hi Rosie

Great ideaYes

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:48 AM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS