Handouts!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 30 2012 5:44 AM

This is a thread to try and encourage Logos to keep the handout feature. As an Expository preacher, I give (and my congregation enjoys getting) outlines for my sermon. It is a great tool for creating outline handouts from my study. I do not use all of the feature and I usually create a blank handout and fill in my own information. But I love and use this feature.

I was astonished to read on a previous post that they are not planning to keep this feature. How many agree with me? Let ask Logos to keep the handout feature.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:48 AM

Yes

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 488
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:54 AM

When I first upgraded to Logos 4 I was interested in using the handouts feature and played around with it a little bit.  It seemed pretty clunky and was more bother than cutting and pasting to a word processor, so I gave up on it.  It would have to be improved greatly before i would make use of it.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 6:57 AM

Knowing wiki Mac and PC User Interface Differences => Feature Parity includes:

Wonder about alternative dreams for handouts ?  What if could share Note file(s) in Logos with congregational group(s) ?  Perhaps collaboratively discuss and improve Note(s) ?

Thread Logos 4.5 Release Candidate available includes Logos reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/43997/327507.aspx#327507 that has:

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
We plan to allow sharing of Notes & Highlights between users; you will be able to share an entire Notes document at once. You may wish to organise your highlights thematically to allow easy sharing. For example, you might create one Notes Document called "Eschatology" and put highlights from dozens of different resources in it. You might then have another Notes Document (on a different topic) with different (and maybe even overlapping) highlights from those same resources.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2400
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:25 AM

I haven't tried that feature, but it sounds useful more for bible study groups than sermons.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1
WILLIAM B SMITH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 10:51 AM

I agree with you. I am new to Logos and I like the handout feature. It will help my in my bible studies.

Posts 530
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2012 8:00 PM

IMO all Logos needs to do to make Handouts immensly better is to either a) allow unlimited pages in the handout or b) allow the images to be resized. Better yet, allow both a and b. Because of the restrictions on these two things, Logos created the perfect head scratcher. Handouts was one of the first features I toyed with when I got L4, and my frustration with it was what initially drove me to the fourms for answers. When I was told it basically useless right out of the box, I quit playing with it, expecting Logos to eventually improve it.

I think it is a great concept, and hate to see it go. Again, fix one or both of those things, and we would finally have a useful feature there.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2012 6:10 AM

Michael Ballai:
it sounds useful more for bible study groups than sermons

I use it regularly for my small groups and find it a great time saver over trying to do anything similar with a word processor....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS