What N.T. Wright and D.A. Carson titles do YOU want?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:50 AM

What exact Logos titles does everyone want for the two authors competing for the March Madness title?

I had recommended someone snatch up the Lloyd-Jones Ephesians books if he made to the final four. Sure enough, Lloyd-Jones made, but the March Madness sale included almost every title available in Logos by Lloyd-Jones EXCEPT the Ephesians series.

Will the same disappointment await us for the champion?

I voted for Wright. Of the myriad of titles, I primarily want:

The New Testament add the People of God - already own in print, but at 75% off would get Logos version too.

Jesus and the Victory of God - already own in print, but at 75% off would get Logos version too.

The Ressurection and the Son of God - already own in print, but at 75% off would get Logos version too.

Paul in Fresh Perspective

The Challenge of Jesus

Evil and the Justice of God

The Crown and the Fire

Sadly, The Climax of the Covenant is not available in Logos.

Posts 278
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 11:17 AM

I voted for Wright also, because I do not have any Wright titles yet and have almost everything from Carson.

I wonder if people are just voting for who that like best instead of which author's discount will be best for building their library?

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 12:18 PM

Randal M Lane:
What exact Logos titles does everyone want for the two authors competing for the March Madness title?

None, as I wrote earlier.  I did pick up six or seven Lloyd-Jones titles that I did not already own - but that is far as I am going.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 103
Bethany Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 12:25 PM

I would like Carson's 3 volume "The Love of God" collection, but I would also be thrilled if I could get Wright's "for everyone" study books for almost criminal prices. Unfortunately, knowing my luck, neither will be on there.

parkbench234 AT gmail DOT com

Posts 88
Johann | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 2:37 PM

Carson: 

Pillar Commentary on John (Moo's Pillar Commentary on James didn't make the sale so I'm not counting on Carson's)

Wright:

Titles in the "For Everyone" Collection. If they make the sale how many I get will depend on if they are 60% or 75% off 

Anybody read Surprised by Hope? It's been on a "maybe someday" list for me since I heard about it.

The only other things I'm considering from the whole Madness is Witherington's Acts and Mark Titles. 

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:43 PM

Bethany Wilson:

I would like Carson's 3 volume "The Love of God" collection, but I would also be thrilled if I could get Wright's "for everyone" study books for almost criminal prices. Unfortunately, knowing my luck, neither will be on there.

Yes

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:55 PM

Johann:
Anybody read Surprised by Hope? It's been on a "maybe someday" list for me since I heard about it.

Surprised By Hope is a fantastic book.  I used it along with Acorn's book, Heaven for a sermon series I did on the subject of heaven and eternity.  

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:41 PM

I too am looking forward for the For Everyone series, and I also would like the Twelve Months of Sundays books.

Posts 5250
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2012 9:21 PM

Would be so nice to have N. T.'s Romans commentary from New Interpreter's Bible, but it's not even under contract yet :(

-dan

Posts 11
Tommy Bosworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 8:10 AM

I hope Logos doesn't settle for NT Wright's "for everyone" series. The beefier works by Wright are of far greater value to the Church and her ministers than his popular series. I would be greatly disappointed if the sale merely covered Wright's popular, footnote-starved works.

Some of the titles I would like to see Logos offer:

The New Testament and the People of God

Jesus and the Victory of God

The Resurrection and the Son of God

Surprised by Hope

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:28 PM

Tommy Bosworth:

I would be greatly disappointed if the sale merely covered Wright's popular, footnote-starved works.

I like that expression,  "footnote-starved works" I believe it is a crime in some countries and wrightly so . Big Smile

Hopefully Logos will provide the academic and less academic works of Wright . I plan to buy both if provided.

Posts 1633
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:36 PM

Alain Maashe:
Tommy Bosworth:
I would be greatly disappointed if the sale merely covered Wright's popular, footnote-starved works.

I like that expression,  "footnote-starved works" I believe it is a crime in some countries and wrightly so . Big Smile

Hopefully Logos will provide the academic and less academic works of Wright . I plan to buy both if provided.

You won't be short of footnotes in NTPG, JVG, and RSoG (the Christian Origins series).

Surprised by Hope skims key material from RSoG, and adds a "so what?" Appropriate to a more popular audience, it has far fewer footnotes.

I think I already have almost all of Tom's books that Logos has, and put them to good use regularly.

Posts 1977
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:01 PM

I would like to get the following:

Paul: Fresh Perspectives by N. T. Wright

Judas and the Gospel of Jesus by N. T. Wright

Jesus and the Victory of God by N. T. Wright

The Resurrection of the Son of God by N. T. Wright

The New Testament and the People of God by N. T. Wright

Evil and the Justice of God by N. T. Wright

How Long, O Lord? Reflections on Suffering and Evil by D. A. Carson

Exegetical Fallacies, Second Edition by D. A. Carson

I am not sure what I will actually get though.  Money is an issue, but I don't know if I can pass up the deals!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:23 PM

Lloyd Wicker:

Johann:

Surprised By Hope is a fantastic book.  I used it along with Acorn's book, Heaven for a sermon series I did on the subject of heaven and eternity.  

Ditto, with Floyd: used both books, and loved both.  (aside on Acorn: there were times I thought he read a bit too much into things.  I am not talking about disagreeing with a particular escatological hermeneutic, where we differed.  What I am talking about was some of his charts with some chart entries that seemed forced).  Surprised by Hope totally renewed my way of thinking about God's ultimate work of renewal and concreteness of the new heaven/earth.  It was probably watershed for me.  And I got Acorn's book based on a reference within surprised by hope.

As for my book wishes: I have a LOT of Carson already (Logos and hard copy).  I have the "big trilogy" of Wright, and a couple smaller ones.  So, here are the remaining Wright books I hope for (from my Logos online wish list):

1. Paul: Fresh Perspectives (waiting and waiting for this)
  2. Simply Christian (haven't read it)
  3. Surprised by Hope  (really want it in digital format, have hardcopy)

I am curious about these, which I know nothing about:

1. The crown and the fire
  2. Following Jesus
  3. The way of the Lord
  4. Evil and the Justice of God
  5. The Scriptures, cross and power of God
  6. For all the saints?

If anybody has insight into the above six, I'd appreciate it.  :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1496
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:48 PM

Since the race is so close Logos should just offer both at 75% off. No sense in making 2,600+ potential customers disappointed! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS