Marketing E-Mails

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Christopher Sanchez | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:27 AM

Please consider allowing folks to limit the number of marketing-related e-mails we receive from Logos.  In the past month I have received nearly 40 such e-mails.  If I received this volume of marketing e-mails from ANY other source I would flag them all as junk and allow them to got straight to my junk mail folder.  As it is now, I am simply deleting them upon receipt.

Thank you for the consideration.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:36 AM

Yes

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:39 AM

Christopher Sanchez:

Please consider allowing folks to limit the number of marketing-related e-mails we receive from Logos.  In the past month I have received nearly 40 such e-mails.  If I received this volume of marketing e-mails from ANY other source I would flag them all as junk and allow them to got straight to my junk mail folder.  As it is now, I am simply deleting them upon receipt.

Thank you for the consideration.

You control this. From the Logos.com main page click on Account and then go to the Notifications page to deselect items.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:52 AM

Randal M Lane:
You control this. From the Logos.com main page click on Account and then go to the Notifications page to deselect items.

that is not quite accurate.  I have everything unchecked since December, and still get about 1 email per day.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:03 AM

One option is customizing notifications => https://www.logos.com/user/notifications

Personally have a rule to move Logos email into its own folder.  Noticed a number of pre-publication emails in the past month (Last Chance plus new).  Thankful for Logos increasing number of resources plus new translation projects.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:08 AM

toughski:

Randal M Lane:

that is not quite accurate.  I have everything unchecked since December, and still get about 1 email per day.

Wonder if have sent email to Customer Service with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line ? (to be removed from targeted mailings) => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Noticed Logos has targeted mailings that is not an option to uncheck on => https://www.logos.com/user/notifications

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 34
dency hutchings | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:12 AM

Welcome Christopher,

In addition to KS4J's post.  You can Unsubscribe, set rules to move, delete, and forward.  At the bottom of every marketing email there is the ability to unsubscribe by clicking a hyperlink (i substituted after the arrow) like this:

You are subscribed to communitypricing as yourname@something.something
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to --->   
leave-something-something-sommmmmmmmthing@Irsmail.com

Jesus is Lord

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:03 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

One option is customizing notifications => https://www.logos.com/user/notifications

We are working hard to make some improvements, and we'll be rolling out some updates to this page soon. Among other things, we will note the frequency we send to each list, which should help you make more informed decisions about the kinds of emails you receive from us.

Posts 11
Christopher Sanchez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 3:22 PM

Thanks Kent!  Looking forward to those updates.

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:37 AM

Kent Hendricks:
We are working hard to make some improvements, and we'll be rolling out some updates to this page soon. Among other things, we will note the frequency we send to each list, which should help you make more informed decisions about the kinds of emails you receive from us.

Thanks Kent.

Could one of those improvements be to ensure that we don't get mails for things we already have? The worst offender seems to be CP - in the last month or so I got numerous emails promoting titles that I'd already bid on. I was hoping that the CP list would just tell me about new stuff and titles that were closing that I hadn't bid on.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 5:56 AM

BriM:
Could one of those improvements be to ensure that we don't get mails for things we already have? The worst offender seems to be CP - in the last month or so I got numerous emails promoting titles that I'd already bid on. I was hoping that the CP list would just tell me about new stuff and titles that were closing that I hadn't bid on.

that was the issue that caused me to unsubscribe from everything, numerous promptings for the same resources, even though I already ordered, or decided not to go with a certain one.  I think Chinese use constant dripping (of water) as a torture device. I also think the Scriptures say something about it.

Technically, I don't know if there is a solution for this, however I have faith in the brilliance of Logos programmers. Possibly, each Logos email could contain a link saying "do not remind me about THIS resource any more" or something to that effect.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 6:07 AM

Kent Hendricks:
We are working hard to make some improvements, and we'll be rolling out some updates to this page soon.

that was already promised by Bob around Christmas. Nothing was done so far (oh wait, a couple extra lists appearedWink). Or did I miss something?

Kent Hendricks:
Among other things, we will note the frequency we send to each list, which should help you make more informed decisions about the kinds of emails you receive from us.

Kent, with all due respect this does not change anything. Ok, you tell us that list 1 will go out everyday, list 2 will be mailed twice a week and list 3 only once a week. (Honestly, it should have been done ages ago. It is ironic that with as much communication of products for sale as logos does, it provides so little communication about it's intent and plans.) Frequency of mailings is nice to know, but it does not change anything in my mailbox. How about ASKING customers what they want and customizing the flood of marketing to customers' liking.

Posts 1090
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:49 PM

Why am I still receiving marketing emails? In August I clicked on unsubscribe and it clearly states: By choosing to opt out of receiving marketing emails, you will be prevented from signing up for email lists on Logos.com, Vyrso.com, and other Logos Bible Software sites." However, it seems every day this week I have received an email about the 12 days of Christmas. They are being sent from the customer service email so I don't want to block that outright. I checked in my account and I am still set to receive nothing and yet...

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:34 PM

I am also set to receive no marketing notifications from Logos, but there were 2 emails introducing Logos5 that got through. I don't understand.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:27 AM

Tom Reynolds:
it seems every day this week I have received an email about the 12 days of Christmas

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that is a separate mailing list which is not administered from your account page. You probably subscribed to 12 Days e-mails last year, and therefore you remain subscribed for this year as well. There should be an 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the mails. (I think the same thing is true for March Madness and perhaps some other campaigns.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:04 AM

there is absolutely no reason that LOGOS cannot/should not administer ALL their email communications from 1 spot, meaning if a customer said "No" in his account he/she should ever get another marketing email AFTER that, unless he/she specifically changes the setting.

But I understand, LOGOS has 1,000,000+ customers and half that many email lists, yada-yada-yada Stick out tongue, it can be complicated, so I put up with an occasional marketing email slipping through. Not the end of the world.

I definitely do not want one every day. If I need to know, I will come find it.

Posts 1962
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:52 AM

Kent Hendricks:

Two things would help, at least for emails I receive:

1) Don't send the same email twice. I think that more often than not I get 2 emails (within a narrow time frame) for a specific resource.

2) Take the simple step of verifying whether I already have the resource before sending an email promoting it. Somewhere close to 50% of resource-specific emails I get are for resources I already own.

Here's an optional idea: Have a notification setting to not send emails if the same promotion is sent via Twitter. I don't need to get an email when I've seen the same thing (or will shortly see it) on Twitter.

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS