Organizing or Separating Libraries

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Will Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 8 2012 8:08 AM

I am a very new user to Logos and I am trying to organize the library.  I purchased (for free) the Perseus Collection which is massive.  I want to keep this as a resource, but it is not something I will be using everyday.  Is there some way to separate this massive collection of books from the everyday use resources?  I am looking for something more than simply prioritizing resources.  Is there any way to organize the libraries by collection so that entire Perseus Collection is separate and to the side while remaining accessible when needed?  I really don't like running a search and it having to go through everything. 

Thanks for your help

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 8:17 AM

You can create a collection to exclude Perseus and use that instead of all resources, you need to use the following collection code to do this:

rating:>=0 ANDNOT publisher:perseus

I also like to exclude the Vyrso books so use:

rating:>=0 ANDNOT (publisher:perseus OR edition:ebook)

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2012 12:58 PM

Will Turner:
I am a very new user to Logos and I am trying to organize the library. 

Wiki Getting Started with Logos has => Collections with Tips and links, including => Example Collections that has a number of Perseus collections.   Size comments include number of Perseus resources in those collections.

Graham Owen:

I also like to exclude the Vyrso books so use:

rating:>=0 ANDNOT (publisher:perseus OR edition:ebook)

Also could use rule:

rating:>=0 -publisher:perseus -edition:e

Minus sign in the rule is an alternative way to write ANDNOT.  Edition has three values: Logos, eBook, and User Created so edition:e is sufficient to filter Vryso book(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 21
Will Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:42 PM

Thank you both.  That works.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS