Wondering when next beta is coming?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

It's been almost 3 weeks since the release of Beta 5. Hoping for Beta 6 tomorrow and hoping the delay means there's something new, or at least more than just a few bug fixes.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

Me too.  Seems like all the applications have hit a speed bump in their individual release schedules.  I wonder if there is some coordinating functionality that needed to be wrung out.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 5:20 PM | Locked

The next release has some unusual inter-connections with server-side code, both for video support and some new social functionality. The has introduced some complexity, as we have to have the server and client code in sync in order to release.

-- Bob

Posts 6
Henrik Sjöholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 2:39 AM | Locked

I was hoping for Sermon file rather than video and social stuff.

Henrik

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 3:35 AM | Locked

I was hoping the lag was due to finally getting L4 working with .NET4 so we can read Syriac. Looks like I may have to go back to waiting mode :)

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 10669
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 3:43 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Hoping for Beta 6 tomorrow and hoping the delay means there's something new, or at least more than just a few bug fixes.

There have been several important bug fixes promised in the Mac Forum. Big Smile See the big toothy grin?

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 7:44 AM | Locked

Yes

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 10405
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Hoping for Beta 6 tomorrow and hoping the delay means there's something new, or at least more than just a few bug fixes.

Yep, your hopes have come true: Sharing and Community Notes is the new thing, and it integrates (most of it, at least) with biblia.com.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS