Mormon Studies Collection (45 vols.)

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1359
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 2:44 PM

It's only our agreement to play by the forum rules that makes the forum work. "Snowflake" is out of line, because you're violating the guidelines you agreed to, which apply to ALL theological discussion. Not "theological discussion I like"  not "theological discussion I dislike," ALL theological discussion. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 2:52 PM

Ben:

It's only our agreement to play by the forum rules that makes the forum work. "Snowflake" is out of line, because you're violating the guidelines you agreed to, which apply to ALL theological discussion. Not "theological discussion I like"  not "theological discussion I dislike," ALL theological discussion. 

So as long as I abide by your chrisitan facism I can speak- your not allowed dissenting opinion- which mine to be perfectly clear was, even though the resources maybe old the false religion doesn't change its spots, just because the books were not written yesterday.

Posts 10120
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 4:22 PM

Whyndell, it'd be in Ben's best theological interest for Logos to carry out of date books on Mormonism, thereby making the task of conversion far more difficult.

You, on the other hand, in-between demonstrating the best in Christianity, are hoping Logos will not carry the better resources that would indeed assist in connversion.

Ben points to the most embarrassing sites available ... I've gone through most of them. I'd think Ben's on your side.

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 6:40 PM

Denise:

Whyndell, it'd be in Ben's best theological interest for Logos to carry out of date books on Mormonism, thereby making the task of conversion far more difficult.

You, on the other hand, in-between demonstrating the best in Christianity, are hoping Logos will not carry the better resources that would indeed assist in connversion.

Ben points to the most embarrassing sites available ... I've gone through most of them. I'd think Ben's on your side.

Really- wrong again.

Posts 67
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 8:38 PM

I used to think male menopause was an old wives' tale.

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 13 2017 8:43 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Good grief get a life snowflake!

Whyndell, 

Name-calling, under any circumstance, is unacceptable on the Logos forums. Furthermore, as Ben and Dan have both rightly pointed out above, theological discussion is inappropriate under the forum guidelines. If you feel you must make a theological statement or pose a theological question, post at http://christiandiscourse.com, and you may share the link in the forum thread. 

If you wish to keep using the Logos forums, please do so with courtesy and respect. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 4
Deborah Alves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 3:58 PM

Do you have any idea how long it takes to obtain a product once a bid comes through? I noticed that your post is dated 2012 and its now 2017 and still there is nothing.
Too bad there wasn't an option to buy.

Posts 975
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 8:46 AM

Thanks Ben for a very informative post. 

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 12:20 PM

Deborah FL has an item called Community Pricing for older public domain works like these. FL will not start on producing them till there are enough preorders placed to warrant going ahead with the project. If a lot jump on the price can go down to next to nothing, this has not been a big mover and it is not sure if it will ever see the light of day. But that is why after so many years it is still not an available option to buy, however if it had been produced it would cost now $399 for the whole set (perhaps a bit of discount), meaning that if you wish to see something like this at an affordable/many would say reasonable price you need to jump on to the community bids. Please note you are never charged until they ship and are usually given plenty of notice 2-3 weeks that they are approaching the shipping date. So technically you could order them but there is no guarantee they will ever ship.

-dan

Posts 4
Deborah Alves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 10:50 PM

Thank you, Dan. I did put out a bid in April and when I checked back on this page I just happened to notice the first bid was placed in 2012. Seeing how slow this bid moves I am sure it will be a matter of years before i get this set. In the meanwhile, my bid remains.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS