Thank you Logos for the amazing Bible software.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3008
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:54 AM

Plus I thank Logos for the PB tool.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 35
Debessay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:33 AM

I love Logos more than anyone of you! Aha

IN HIS LEGACY

Posts 847
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:36 AM

+1

Thank you, Logos, and all the staff who have helped me with my purchases and software - Sales Rep(s), Customer Service, etc.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 3008
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:37 AM

Debessay:

I love Logos more than anyone of you! Aha

Hi, Robi

I love Logos more than anyone of you!? Watch the lion.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 7:35 AM

Paul Golder:

It's not that amazing. I mean I could do the same thing with paper if I had a library of 3600 books and a research team of 20 or so, just not as fast...Smile

And with those resources I could do it, too, just not as fast as Paul.  Surprise

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2456
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:20 AM

Frankly, we are all spoiled rotten by Logos. Not that I'm going to complain mind you. Wink

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2
Samson Tilahun | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:24 PM

Hi Tes,

Have you progress on the amharic bible on the PB? I tried to compile it for my personal use and somewhat successful, BUT it is the Old Translation.

Posts 3008
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2012 1:52 AM

Samson Tilahun:

Hi Tes,

Have you progress on the amharic bible on the PB? I tried to compile it for my personal use and somewhat successful, BUT it is the Old Translation.

Sami,yes it is the old version, because the new one is under copy write protection, apart of that it is in PDF format ,and is very complicated to convert it into Word decument.I am  waiting for permission,then I am going to consult to our brothers and sisters in the form ,if there is any possibilty of making it done. The old one( the new and old testament)t works very good for me. May God bless Logos and to the precious brother who has made it possible  by  providing a tool to convet it

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 14
Tesfaye Haile | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:58 PM

Dear brother can you help us to get some information how you build the Amharic Bible into PBB? I have the Old Amharic Bible. My struggle is to put the milestone markers and other codes. What methods did you use? Can you share it with us; there are few friends who are still struggling with this issue. I would appreciate. Thanks

Tesafye Haile

Posts 55
Will Scholten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2012 1:06 PM

yes

on the scale of 1(worse)-------to------------10(BEST) I give Logos & staff a big 15. You are off the chart!!

thanks, Will

Posts 3008
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:28 PM

Tesfaye Haile:

Dear brother can you help us to get some information how you build the Amharic Bible into PBB? I have the Old Amharic Bible. My struggle is to put the milestone markers and other codes. What methods did you use? Can you share it with us; there are few friends who are still struggling with this issue. I would appreciate. Thanks

Tesafye Haile

Yes, it is my pleasure, why not!

ውድ ወንድሜ ተስፋዬ ኣቅሜ እጅግ በጣም ታናሽ ነው፣ ከእኔ የሚጠበቀውን ሁሉ ለማድረግ ዝግጁ ነኝ:: ሁሉ ለእግዚኣብሄር ክብር ይሁን:: እግዚኣብሄር ስለ ለጐስ እጅግ ኣድርጌ ኣመሰግናለሁ::

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 14
Tesfaye Haile | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:39 PM

I like the humer and the appreciation for logs.

Posts 670
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 9:13 AM

Michael Ballai put his finger on much of what is said in the Fora when he noted:

"Frankly, we are all spoiled rotten by Logos. Not that I'm going to complain mind you. Wink"

At least this pretty well sums it up for me!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 5:24 AM

I don't know if we are spoiled per se.

Here is what I mean, when I was a bachelor I would frequent the same restaurant several times a week, and being a good regular customer I was treated like a good regular customer. I had the same waiter, everyone knew my name, I felt like family. It was just an all around excellent experience.

The thing is that even though in today's world something like this is hardly ever heard of in retail, it used to be the standard for a well operated business, and any company that did not operate to achieve excellent customer satisfaction went under.

We have become far too use to retail establishments treating us like cattle, and when a well run company like Logos comes along, we feel privileged in some way.

So in a way we are spoiled due to the collapse of civility in our commerce, but on the other hand Logos is nothing more than a properly run company. 

Good for us, good for LogosYes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 6602
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 5:26 AM

Where is the like button when you need it? Yes

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:17 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely spoiled. Never did I dream of having such an extensive library at my fingertips wherever I go. Amazing! Big Smile

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:46 AM

Danny Baskin:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely spoiled. Never did I dream of having such an extensive library at my fingertips wherever I go. Amazing! Big Smile

Amen.  Consider the many pastors and preachers in the global south who barely have access to commentaries in dead tree format let alone super-charged, hyper-powerful Logos 4.  Spoiled and blessed.

Posts 542
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:11 PM

Paul Golder:

So in a way we are spoiled due to the collapse of civility in our commerce, but on the other hand Logos is nothing more than a properly run company. 

Excellect observation, Paul. I think you hit it dead on.

Posts 71
David Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:11 PM

I appreciate all the work Logos!

Posts 3008
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:34 AM

I am more thankful for Logos 6.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS