Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:15 PM

alabama24:
Sometimes I send an email to a logos employee, but I try not to BUG them too often. Smile

Hi alabama24,

FYI - you can BUG me as often as needed.  Thanks!

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 5:32 PM

Di Dinnis:

You can get the study Bible in the Logos app, but you cannot get the community aspect. The Faithlife app combines the online community and the Bible and is most effective when used together. Thanks!

I seem to have a problem with viewing the FSB in Logos (iOS) I can see it in my library, even download the book updates  but whenever I try to open the book I continue to get "error loading book". I've tried this with the book downloaded and not downloaded same error. I initially assumed that it was only supposed to be used in the Faithlife app. But then again it automatically downloaded to my desktop and shows up in the Logos app. I'm confused, I'm I suppose to be able to open the book in Logos app or not.

Also I'm using the shipping version of the Logos app on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 4s (if that info makes a difference)

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 5:39 PM

Guess I should have continued reading this thread be for posting the above, but I'm at the end of a long day as a Technical Consultant Sleep and my eyes are really tired. Tongue Tied But I got my answer from a subsequent post from Di

"

I'm sorry about the confusion. In the current Logos app you can download the resource, but cannot view the actual study Bible just let. You can view the photo, videos, and infographics now. We will be updating the Logos app soon to support the entire FSB. Thanks!"

Tony

Posts 29048
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 5:45 PM

Anthony Etienne:
I'm using the shipping version of the Logos app

I don't think that the FSB is compatible with the current version of the Logos mobile app. It does not open on one device running the release version, but it does open in a further beta build. It should work, however, in the release version of Vyrso (which is based on a further build of the mobile app).

EDIT: I see you found the answer. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 5:47 PM

Alabama and Dan

I can now access everything including infographics and photos etc and am finding my way around the app. Thanks for your replies.

Sue

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 6:32 PM

Sue McIntyre:

Alabama and Dan

I can now access everything including infographics and photos etc and am finding my way around the app. Thanks for your replies.

Sue

glad to hear that!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1482
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 7:36 PM

Raymond Urne:
There are some links in Faithlife Study Bible to commentaries and other resources from your library. If you don't download more than faithlife resources you will not be able to access these when offline. That will reduce the power of Faithlife Study Bible. To me it seems like Logos wants to connect Faithlife Study Bible with the rest of your library. Have I misunderstood?

I do hope that the Logos and FSB apps will eventually "converge".  I think the FSB app has a more logical / polished user interface (e.g. the slide-out left-side-panel, a clearer way to access recently read locations, Bible on top / commentary on bottom with Devotionals and Dictionaries opening on top of the commentary - effectively giving us 3 panels / windows, etc).

Converging the two apps will allow the Logos app to have full social / sharing features and also allow them to share the same offline/downloaded books.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 29048
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 8:18 PM

PL:
I do hope that the Logos and FSB apps will eventually "converge".

I don't think they will, at least not soon. Each of the apps (Faithlife, Logos, Vyrso) have distinctive purposes. Logos has hinted, however, that the faithlife app development will be the leading edge of the future development of the other two.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 8:32 PM

To avoid confusion to anyone reading this thread, the faithlife study Bible is now available for iPad on Vyrso, the Bible app as well as of course the Faithlife app itself.  On the Bible app the bold Scripture references only follow your preferred Bible. 

Edit: you must use the most recent version of the Bible app, version 2. 1 .3

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS