Incomplete commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Stephen Moseley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 11 2012 2:55 PM

I bought the Word Biblical Commentary set for my Logos.  Some volumes were not available at the time.  What happens when new titles become available?  Do I get them, or do I have to purchase them separately?

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:05 PM

Hi Stephen, welcome to the Logos user forums!

Stephen Moseley:
I bought the Word Biblical Commentary set for my Logos.  Some volumes were not available at the time.  What happens when new titles become available?  Do I get them, or do I have to purchase them separately?

The latter. Logos might put them through pre-pub pricing when they become available or give owners of an existing set a special discount, but that's at their discretion - same as if you had bought the "incomplete" set in a bookstore

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:08 PM

From time to time they produce an upgrade set for new volumes in a series, but you do have to pay for them.  I thought one had gone through Pre-Pub recently but can't find it at the moment.   If you are missing specific volumes, you can also buy WBC volumes individually (which you cannot do with NICOT/NICNT).

EDIT: Sorry - while I  was looking for an example of an upgrade set Mick posted his response.  

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:08 PM

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forums.  You have to buy them separately.  To get a good price, buy them while they are still on prepub. You don't pay until they ship. I currently have Vol. 37a on Acts 1-14 ordered on prepub. 

(edit: aren't we just the helpful group)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 83
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:19 PM

GregW:

From time to time they produce an upgrade set for new volumes in a series, but you do have to pay for them.  I thought one had gone through Pre-Pub recently but can't find it at the moment.   If you are missing specific volumes, you can also buy WBC volumes individually (which you cannot do with NICOT/NICNT).  

Steven,

Welcome to Logos & the Forum.

The one that just "came through" was Judges (http://www.logos.com/product/8806/word-biblical-commentary-vol-8-judges).  This was back in May of 2011...give-or-take.

I too bought Logos specifically because of the W.B.C. set, but have found so much more to love in the last year.  Thank you Logos and again, welcome to the club Steven,

Richard

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 4:24 PM

Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 18B: Job 38–42

Word Biblical Commentary, vol. 32: Micah–Malachi (Revised)

Are the 2 other pre pubs I have on WBC, although the revised Volume 32 may not be needed if you are fully happy with the current one in your collection, please note you do not lose your original volume 32 but will have both if you upgrade.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS