Bug: Logos 4.5b Beta 6 Resource Info pop-up text

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 3:54 AM | Locked

Follow-up to thread => Cool! Logos just (unwittingly) implemented a workaround for one of my most oft-requested features

Logos 4.5b Beta 6 on Mac has some pop-up text that does not correspond with icon on Resource info:

Note: clicking icon works.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:05 AM | Locked

Looks like the right popup text is coming up but the icons are in the wrong place (of course I'm biased -- I'm taking the order they're in on the Windows version to be the "right" place, but it does make sense to have the social networking sites listed together and then email rather than email right in the middle of them):

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:22 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
I'm taking the order they're in on the Windows version to be the "right" place

I have the same display as KS4J, so that must be the correct order Wink, though it does seem strange.

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:27 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
I have the same display as KS4J, so that must be the correct order Wink

Yeah, but you're on a Mac too. So the Mac version must have the wrong order.

Just curious, KS4J, you noted that "clicking on icon works" -- does it do what the icon said it should do (email) or what the icons's position and popup text said it should do (Twitter)?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 4:42 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Just curious, KS4J, you noted that "clicking on icon works" -- does it do what the icon said it should do (email) or what the icons's position and popup text said it should do (Twitter)?

Clicking on email icon opens a new email, which includes resource description that is cool workaround for copying description.

Clicking on twitter icon opens preferred web browser to twitter.  Hovering mouse over twitter icon shows faithlife in pop-up while hovering over faithlife icon shows email in pop-up.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Yeah, but you're on a Mac too. So the Mac version must have the wrong order.

Maybe we can get an OS flame war going Cool Have on my shades to protect my eyes Geeked

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Logos 4.5b Beta 6 on Mac has some pop-up text that does not correspond with icon on Resource info:

I have reported this issue for correction.  Thanks!

Rosie Perera:
Looks like the right popup text is coming up but the icons are in the wrong place (of course I'm biased -- I'm taking the order they're in on the Windows version to be the "right" place, but it does make sense to have the social networking sites listed together and then email rather than email right in the middle of them):

This issue has been reported previously and will be resolved in a future update.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

Logos 4.5b Beta 7 has recommend icons matching on Mac and PC (plus pop-ups match, too):

While sizing "About Logos Bible Software" for screen shot, noticed update channel text over logo.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:54 PM | Locked

While sizing "About Logos Bible Software" for screen shot, noticed update channel text over logo.

I am able to reproduce the issue and will report it to Development.  Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

Tonya J Ross:

I am able to reproduce the issue and will report it to Development.  Thanks.

Update channel text was readable over Logos icon; personally thought looked OK.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

This issue should be fixed in 4.5c Beta 2.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 10:28 PM | Locked

Tonya J Ross:

This issue should be fixed in 4.5c Beta 2.

Confirmed:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS