LOGOS 3 and LOGOS 4: Is there Duplication?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:18 PM

Hello,

When I upgraded to LOGOS 4, I didn't uninstall LOGOS 3.  Is there duplicate files for not uninstalling 3 before upgrading to 4?   I ask this, as I see there are two shortcuts on the desktop; one for the Libronix (3) and one for LOGOS 4.

If there is duplication, Can I just uninstall 3 by going into the control panel;install/uninstall programs?

Thank you!

Paul

Paul

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:21 PM

They are two separate programmes with their own resource libraries, which you can run side by side independently. I would suggest you use L4 a bit to make sure that there is nothing you will miss in L3 before you delete it.

Posts 588
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:23 PM

PaulRose:
When I upgraded to LOGOS 4, I didn't uninstall LOGOS 3.  Is there duplicate files for not uninstalling 3 before upgrading to 4?   I ask this, as I see there are two shortcuts on the desktop; one for the Libronix (3) and one for LOGOS 4.

Paul, you can run both programs on the same computer...and for some short term deficiencies, you will WANT to run both programs. Not all of the components of L3 (Libronix) are in L4 (Logos 4), YET!!! Some of these short term "problems" will be dealt with quickly, some in the 1st quarter of 2010 and some along towards summer. So for now, KEEP both.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:23 PM

PaulRose:

Logos4 does not uninstall Logos3. Both can be run at the same time if you want. And yes there is duplication of resources.

Before removing L3, be sure to review what's missing in L4 (most of these will be added later):

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:48 PM

It's possible to install both, then get Logos 3 to use Logos 4's resources folder. Once you've done that, you can delete the duplicate resources. My experience is that I was able to reduce the size of my Logos 3 installation by half by doing this.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS