Who Sets The Prices In Community Pricing?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:12 PM

Hi:

I am just curious about who sets the initial price for community pricing resources. I have seen that some resources are set to high prices and those of us that are interested, can't bid. If it is the company, I would like a standard fair price. If it is the customer, then I would like to say that sometimes people think that if they set a higher price, they can move the resource faster. I have seen that this is not the case, and many of us observe the resources for a long time waiting the time to leave CP. I am a little disappointed with the new set for John's commentary at $90.

Posts 1850
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:17 PM

the price is set by those who bid.

I have never paid the suggested price for a set. They always tend to go down. It may start at $90 but end up at $70 or so or maybe lower.

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:25 PM

I just bid $40 for it - if a few more people bid $40 it will replace the $90 price

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:25 PM

Here's the link for this resource:

http://www.logos.com/product/18618/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-the-epistles-of-john

I would love this set, but I'm not willing to pay $90 -- I'm in at $50.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:30 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
some resources are set to high prices and those of us that are interested, can't bid

Why? Just bid lower, that's how the price goes down.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:42 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
 I am just curious about who sets the initial price for community pricing resources.

The prices are set by Logos based upon how they feel demand will be in relationship to the cost of the resource to produce. Not all resources cost the same to produce, not all resources will have the same demand. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 2:54 PM

alabama24:

The prices are set by Logos based upon how they feel demand will be in relationship to the cost of the resource to produce. 

The default price—before a single person has bid—is the mid-range of the graph. We don't set the price, per se, but we do usually set a broad range of possible bids. As soon as one person places a bid, the price changes. (This usually happens almost instantly after a product is posted.) Within a few hours, a peak starts to emerge.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 3:01 PM

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
 I am just curious about who sets the initial price for community pricing resources.

Logos sets the initial price (along with price range and bid increment), which can move up or down (most often) as the Logos user community bids.

Looking at => Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistles of John (22 vols.) noticed Community Pricing resource was added today with current progress less than 5 % (anticipating projected price to change as Logos users place their bids).

Rev. Nannette La Fosse:
I am a little disappointed with the new set for John's commentary at $90

Noted projected price has already dropped to $ 40 as more Logos users bid on new resource.

Projected price could drop to $ 30 if $ 30 times the number of bids for $ 30 or more becomes greater than $ 40 times the number of bids for $ 40 or more.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:33 AM

We the people decide the final price. It has evidently seen in the case of Classic Commentary on Revelation

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:20 AM

There have been several times that "Logos set" graph did not go down enough (recently the lowest price was $75 on Spurgeon resource), so, yes, in fact they do set the price, and only after serious pressure from users they modify the graph to allow smaller bids and smaller increments.

I think the system is broken. IF the desire to get resources to the people - make the graph automatic from $10 to say $300 in $30 increments, and when the peak starts to emerge AUTOMATICALLY divide each shoulder of the graph into 10 or so increments, be they $10 or $2.33.

However IF the desire is to make $ (and Logos has every right to do that) then let's start every resource at $300 with $50 increments Zip it!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:07 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Projected price could drop to $ 30 if $ 30 times the number of bids for $ 30 or more becomes greater than $ 40 times the number of bids for $ 40 or more.

Projected price for  => Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistles of John (22 vols.) has dropped to $ 30

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 60
Rev. Nannette La Fosse | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 1:18 PM

Thanks for the information.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS