Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 74
Dennis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:08 AM

Reftagger is an awesome tool, I agree this is a wonderful tool. I also am a long time user of Logos and Logos4. I put this on my website www.not1lost.org and was very happy to see it working on my pc. Although like the comment above when I went to my site or any other site using reftagger when I touched a link the pop-up came up but would not close without refreshing the page.... this is very anoying. The developers should come up with a way to put a close x in the upper right corner like the one that the NET Bible tagger for websites has. Regretfully I had to take reftagger off my website and put up the NET Bible tagger in it's place which while only gives reference to the NET it does have the close button for mobile devices. I do miss having the flexability of the many resources at biblia.com but it is just too anoying for my visitors on iPads and iPhones. I do think the developers should take this issue seriously as there is so many turning to these mobile platforms for their online activity.

Thanks,

Dennis

Posts 1
Christopher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 6:58 AM

Yes. It would be great to be able to use reftagger on my mobile phone for either android or iPhone. I have it on my Drupal website for a book I am writing and it works really well for footnotes. Any plans to make it mobile?

Posts 1
Felix Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:29 PM

It's working fine on my iPad.  My website www.embassyoftheking.org is able to use Reftagger with Joomla.

Posts 16
Danny Clarkson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:29 PM

Since the IPAD version of Logos does not allow personal books, I have found a workaround to have documents link to IPAD Logos by using URL links such as logosref:BibleESV.Ps119.1-5.
It is cumbersome to manually code each link, but I have found that I can paste blocks of text into Desktop Logos 4 then copy the text that is automatically linked.  The problem is that you cannot include pictures and data.
Another approach was to export the document from WORD to HTML, add Reftagger and export the linked document.  The problem here is that the links for Logos use Libronix formatting that does not work for IPAD and I need to delete links to Biblica.  I have a work around to do a find/replace to change links to a more workable format, but this is extra work.
Please suggest or create an easier method to generate IPAD comparable links to bible references in documents. A suggestion is an IPAD or desktop app that can input a document and out a linked document with the same logic as Reftagger.  This would make bible study using mobile devices more useful by coordinating Logos resources with external documents.  in teaching classes, I open documents in Dropbox and automatically launching Logos via links to resources, then moving the screen back to continue with the document.

Thanks ahead for your consideration and for the work you have already provided in your existing bible study tools and resources.

Posts 16
Danny Clarkson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:59 PM

I discovered that the Logos 4 desktop Personal Book builder will create URL references such as logosref:BibleESV.Ps119.1-5 that work on the IPAD and allow pictures.  You can then export the book to WORD and output to HTML or PDF and save to Dropbox.  Both are easily accessed on the IPAD  from Dropbox using the viewer or the PDF works well in iBooks since it includes bookmarks and search.

This solution works when you use the desktop.  It would be useful to include options for tagging from the IPAD, and also including NOTES with hyperlinks or allowing Personal Books on the IPAD.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS