Why is Theological Journals 14 Pre-pub at $49.95

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2292
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:37 AM

Theological Journal Library, vol. 14

Isn't that the price that they sell them all for after they are released?  I didn't see anything extra that would make them more expensive.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:12 PM

Joseph Turner:
Isn't that the price that they sell them all for after they are released? 

It appears so, but not all pre-orders have discounts (most do). This is sometimes because of the publisher. In this case, the discount seems fairly large already.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:14 PM

This was the same case as it was for last volume: pre-pub and full price were the same.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 1:33 PM

Since these previous Journals regularly sold for the prepub price, and are now only available through Logos, it appears Logos has exercised a little marketing "mojo" to give the appearance of the regular price being a discounted price.

Posts 2292
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 1:42 PM

I got ya.  I was just wondering if there was something special here.  I have not had the money to buy them since I got 1-10, even though I would love to have the rest.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS