How exactly do people in the congregation use the app to follow the presentations?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:55 PM

People are downloading the app in order to follow on their cell phones but are unable to access the presentation.  The app asks for a log in and password with the people do not have. How does this work?  What are the exact steps that people should follow in order to see and follow without having "control of the presentation" on their cell phones? Is there anything that needs to be done when setting up the presentation that we need to do in order for this to work?

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 21
Drew James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 4:13 PM

I believe you may have a misunderstanding of the Proclaim iPhone app. The Proclaim app is only for remote controlling the Proclaim software. The Logos bible app is the app for the congregation to use to recieve the signals. You can watch the videos on proclaimonline.com support. 

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:32 AM

Thanks Drew,

There is a slide in Proclaim that says "Follow along..."  What is that referring to and how do I get that feature to work on the phone?  I don't see any videos on this feature or the Logos App.  Thanks.

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 21934
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:51 AM

Hi Ps3

Ps3:
There is a slide in Proclaim that says "Follow along..

I assume you are referring to the popup which appears within the Logos app asking you if you want to follow the presentation - like in the screen shot below

Once you accept the request you are following the presentation.

Then when you get to a point in the presentation which generates a signal as shown below - note the signal icon in the bottom right of the screen:

you will get a "popup" in the bottom of the Logos app regarding this signal - if you press on it you will go to the verse signalled.

Does this help?

Graham

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:58 AM

We are working on the video that explains this broadly, but there are videos to show you how to both make a video and how they are received in the free Logos Bible Mobile app for iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. These 'how to' videos are located here: http://proclaimonline.com/support/videos.aspx

Drew is correct, it sounds like you downloaded the Proclaim remote app. This app is used to control the presentation - by the presenter or back-of-house staff.

The Logos Bible mobile app that receives the Proclaim signal can be found on this page: http://www.logos.com/mobile

Congregation members will be prompted to follow your presentation, when your presentation is On Air as they open the app in your church. They will need to have location services set to ON.

This is what the prompt looks like on their phone:

You can navigate to select this setting manually in the Free Logos Mobile app by going to MORE > SETTING > PROCLAIM PRESENTATIONS.

We have some more detailed pages rolling out in the next week that will explain this more deeply. I will update this post when they are ready.

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 10:16 AM

Thanks guys,

This is all very helpful info.  We were going crazy trying to figure this out. The image that Drew put up is what I see on my Logos App but without that popup.  And yes, we were using the Proclaim app originally which was why we were way off course.  But no we're in the ball park.  So, this is what I've got so far:

When I open the App Proclaim must be in "On Air" mode FIRST?  Then people can open the Logos app and it will automatically find the presentation (location services on)?

Or Do we need to somehow turn on a "Signal"?  It sounds like "On Air" is the Signal..? 

Once broadcasting we can then see the entire presentation and scroll through as desired or it will change screen by screen as the control is advanced?

Once the presentation is over what happens to the info in the App?  Can people save it in the app for later study or does it disappear with the wifi signal?

Thanks so much for the help on this, I will also be looking into those videos once available.

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 10:26 AM

Yes, with Proclaim ON AIR and the location services ON in the Logos Bible app, the presentation will be found.

You will need to add a signal to each slide you would like to send a signal out for. Bible slides automatically send a signal out. You can see how to add a signal to a slide in a presentation in the videos of this page:http://proclaimonline.com/support/videos.aspx

As the slides are advanced, manually or with the auto-advance settings, the signals are sent out when the slide appears on-screen.

After the service, all signals from presentation are saved in the app. So, the congregation members have your scriptures and links to reference going forward.

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 10:35 AM

Here is how your congregation members will navigate to the signals you send out, when they are saved in their phone. This is the iPhone view.

And here is the list of specific signals you have built into you presentation and that were sent out during your service:

It's very powerful to think your church members will have all your references saved in their mobile device bible study tool when they walk out your door. 

Any other questions on Signals?

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 1:50 PM

Ok Thanks Matthew,

Can youth tell me which "signal setting" to use once I get into "signals" for the transmit feature to work? 

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 3
Nathan Slaughter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 9:42 AM

What you might be looking for is what I was looking for:

The signals are only seen when on certain tabs at the bottom of the Logos program on your phone.  You will not see (at least I cannot through testing) the "signals" when on the HOME tab.  They do not pop up as described.

They DO pop up when I am on the READ tab and have the Bible or some other book up.  That is the only time I have seen them on.  It seems to me that if someone just opened up the program on their phone and they were on the HOME screen they would not see the pop-up signals.  Only if they are on another one (the one I found being the READ).

Hope that helps.

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2012 12:53 PM

Nathan, you are correct. Signals are received by the person in the congregation when they are using the app and only in the READ tab.

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2012 12:54 PM

Ps3,

Any of the signals you set will work. You'll have to make sure the date, time and location are also correct for the test or service.

~Matt

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS