Bible Review Missing

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 5:18 PM

OK, so all of my resources from the Ultimate Archaeology Collection are in Logos 4 (as far as I can tell), except the Bible Review Archives.  I have the licenses all synced, but it doesn't download the Bible Review issues.  Is there an easy way to transfer the files, or is this just unavailable in Logos 4?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 5:19 PM

It is available in Logos 4.

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 5:23 PM

Did you receive the resources through downloading or on a DVD?

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:00 PM

Joseph - It may just be that you need to call Logos to work out the license issue. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:37 PM

I have the disc.  I still have one computer that has Logos 3 on it, and it is there with the license synced to the Logos servers, so I was surprised that it is not in my library.  I will call customer service tomorrow and find out.  Thanks!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 90
Steve Nicholson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:13 PM

Can you please keep us informed about how you get on with the licensing issue. I also have the Ultimate Archaeology Collection but, like you, do not have the Bible Review issues in Logos 4. 

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:09 AM

Yes, I will let you know what happens.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 7:24 AM

Call customer support, if needed they can remotely connect to your computer and transfer the resource files. They did that for me.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:20 PM

I am having to send in files to be examined.  The employee said that he doesn't know what that resource is, and that he will need to do some more research.  Hopefully he will figure something out, but I must admit that I upgraded in November of 2009, and I am just realizing that they are not in my library, so I don't guess I have missed them too much!  I will let you know what happens.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:14 PM

I am not sure I know what you mean either. Are you referring to the Biblical Archaeology Review magazines? Did you search for BAR in your library?

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:08 PM

Dominick Sela:
Are you referring to the Biblical Archaeology Review magazines?

No - It came with journals called "Bible Review," but this doesn't seem to be a product Logos currently offers.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:16 PM

Alabama is correct.  The strange thing is that everything else in the Ultimate Archaeology Collection seems to be available via download, but the Bible Review issues never showed up.  Strangely enough, when I explored the cd, and then looked at my Logos 4 resource location, the issues are there.  They just don't show up in my library through the software.

They do however show up in Logos 3 as expected.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:20 PM

Here is an old link concerning the original collection:

http://blog.bibleplaces.com/2007/06/logos-archaeology-collection.html

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:44 PM

alabama24:

Dominick Sela:
Are you referring to the Biblical Archaeology Review magazines?

No - It came with journals called "Bible Review," but this doesn't seem to be a product Logos currently offers.

Here's the resource. I got it with the Ultimate Archaeology Collection, which Logos no longer sells:

Posts 18
Marc Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:59 PM

what if you type in "title:br" in the library field?

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:08 PM

Marc Johnson:

Note that if Rosie's screenshot is correct for all owners (and I have no indication it should be otherwise), it shoulkd be either

• title:"Bible Review" or
  • abbrev:br

sind BRxxxx is only the short title.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:12 PM

Marc Johnson:

I found it with the title:BR tip.  The title of mine is not "Bible Review", it's BR. I suspect Rosie edited her titles to add this (since BR is a pretty obscure title)

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 4:37 AM

Marc Johnson:

Wow, this was it.  Thanks!  Whenever I type a specific name for a resource, such as "revelation," I always get a bunch of other suggestions, like WBC for some reason.  I never expected that if I typed "Bible Review," that it would not at least suggest that even if it was not the way it was named.  Go figure.  Thanks for all of your help. 

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2012 4:37 AM

I also sent an email to the guy looking into it at Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS