Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 823
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:03 AM

Rosie Perera:

Now that Logos 5 has shipped, I am hoping that the work that remains on Hebrew Audio Pronunciations can move back to the front burner. This would be such an awesome resource to have!

Big Smile

Posts 2614
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:49 AM

Rosie Perera:

Now that Logos 5 has shipped, I am hoping that the work that remains on Hebrew Audio Pronunciations can move back to the front burner. This would be such an awesome resource to have!

Yes, Amen. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 212
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:42 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yes   I'll add another "Amen!" to that and additionally ask for another update. It's been about 8 months since the last "official" update. Increasing the periodicity of these updates would be extremely, I dare say...
Posts 819
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:45 AM

I also would like to see this resource completed. Since the Greek pronunciation has been available, and the Hebrew not, it has the effect of a program that is missing something. Like a car running on 3 wheels. Although it will run, it will run a lot better with the 4th wheel. Smile

Posts 2184
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:02 PM

James Thompson:

Rosie Perera:

Yes   I'll add another "Amen!" to that and additionally ask for another update. It's been about 8 months since the last "official" update. Increasing the periodicity of these updates would be extremely, I dare say...

Amen, Y'all!  From the southern pews!  Yes

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 373
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:57 AM

Yes please!

Posts 797
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:41 PM

+1 👍

JK

OS X 10.10 MBPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 500GB SSD | Windows 8.1 6GB RAM 96GB HDD Parallels 10.0.2 | iPadAir 32GB iOS 8.0.2

Posts 2447
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:55 PM

The last post I saw about this was from Bob P. and he basically said they were working on it. We have been hearing that for years so I suspect it may be a situation similar to Matthew 24:36

Logos 5 Get the FAQ's

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 15775
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:03 PM

Fredc:

The last post I saw about this was from Bob P. and he basically said they were working on it. We have been hearing that for years so I suspect it may be a situation similar to Matthew 24:36

When we hear that they're working on it, this is but the beginning of the birth pangs. (Matthew 24:8)

This mother has been in labor for an awfully long time, so this is going to be one big baby!

Posts 5017
Forum MVP
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:18 PM

Fredc:
The last post I saw about this was from Bob P. and he basically said they were working on it.

Here's the last post from Bob on May 9th, where he says it's further delayed.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/69882/487612.aspx#487612

Previous to that he had said end of first half of 2013.  If they are still trying to get good recordings, I suspect it will be a while.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Moving Logos between systems / Detailed Search Help - ThinkPad T520: 2.4GHz i5-2430M, 8GB, 7200RPM HD, integrated video

Posts 4840
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:20 PM

Rosie Perera:

When we hear that they're working on it, this is but the beginning of the birth pangs. (Matthew 24:8)

This mother has been in labor for an awfully long time, so this is going to be one big baby!

Why not just perform a C-section? Big Smile

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 15775
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:24 PM

Lynden Williams:

Rosie Perera:

Why not just perform a C-section? Big Smile

Why not adopt and avoid all the pain and recovery time?

Posts 4122
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:52 PM

It has been a long time. It would be nice to receive another update from Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1239
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 10:48 AM

I literally don't know what to say. I have heard in the past week that the near-final part of the process is underway, but like you, I know longer believe or rely on the predictions. This is the product that will be done when it's done, and I can't add any more insight, and I have as much frustration as you do.

Posts 1501
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 2:15 PM

I'm kind of late to this party. But shouldn't there be at least a sample reading, say of some famous passages, to help buyers make up their mind on this product?

Posts 7320
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 2:30 PM

Bob Pritchett:
know longer believe or rely on the predictions. This is the product that will be done when it's done, and I can't add any more insight, and I have as much frustration as you do.

I used to be frustrated every time it got pushed back. I now have adopted the view of it "will be done when it's done." I just don't worry anymore.

Posts 1307
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 2:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I literally don't know what to say. I have heard in the past week that the near-final part of the process is underway, but like you, I know longer believe or rely on the predictions. This is the product that will be done when it's done, and I can't add any more insight, and I have as much frustration as you do.

I assume this work has been farmed out and it's difficult if not impossible to find out a real status, or manage the project with tasks, milestones, accomplishments, ie. basic things that would enable the management to assess true progress. I guess that can be the only explanation - this requires some out of house expertise and it will be done when it's done. I guess another explanation is that it is way down in someone's queue and it just doesn't get worked on.

If it's in house, no excuse not to be able to have a reasonable project plan, proper staffing, and progress monitored and verified against small accomplishments, right? Even grossly under-estimated tasks would have been broken into more detail and re-estimated, and staffing committed to by management, some time over the course of the last six years it has been on pre-pub.

Posts 8280
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 10:23 AM

Lee:
shouldn't there be at least a sample reading, say of some famous passages, to help buyers make up their mind on this product?

This isn't an audio OT. It's the Hebrew version of the Greek Pronunciation tool that you already have under Tools. I e it only reads lemmas.

LOGOS: You need to remove all the links to the Greek Pronunciation Addin, as there no longer is such a product.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1501
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 11:27 AM

fgh:

Lee:
shouldn't there be at least a sample reading, say of some famous passages, to help buyers make up their mind on this product?

This isn't an audio OT. It's the Hebrew version of the Greek Pronunciation tool that you already have under Tools. I e it only reads lemmas.

I get it now. [Sorry, I'm a bit slow.]

I guess my brain just filtered out the fact that it's just a reading of lemmas only, because something relatively simple as that shoudn't take 6 years to develop.

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS