Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Diederick Rudolph Schwartz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:54 PM

I was thrilled to install the new software.  I worked well, albeit slow until indexing was done. I received a notification that two updates were available.  I clicked the button and the update started - and crashed almost immediately!  I relaunched the program and the notification above came up.  I treid everything - even uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.  THe problem persists!  I also tried to create a restore point.

I followed the threads on the forum about changing the "update manager" file, but no avail. 

I am desperate here.  Is the problem with Windows (I use Vista) or with Logos.  Remember, all worked perfectly well, until that update.

Can someone please help?!Crying

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:23 PM

When you re-installed did you go through another big download of resources followed by one for those two resources? At what point did it crash on the re-install? Did you keep the resources from your original installation?

If you have an installation still, I would like you to capture some logs, zip them and attach them to this thread. Logs can be found in \Documents\Logos Log Files.  Wait about 1 minute after the crash before closing L4.  For logging, start L4 with the Ctrl key held down.

Note: logs are overwritten each time L4 starts. If you start normally, logging is not performed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS