Passage Guide & Go Command Bar Questions

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:08 PM

The Passage Guide opens the text, commentary, copy text and text comparison.  I would like it to open just the text and commentary - how do I tell L4 to do this?

The "Go Command Bar" on the home page opens a different commentary than I would like.  I want it to open NICOT/NICNT (As expensive as they were I want them to be the first commentary I see).

I'm sure I am missing the obvious solutions

Thanks

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:12 PM

Have you prioritized NICOT/NICNT (you might want to make collections of them and then prioritize them)? They should be the default commentary then.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:19 PM

RonaldQuick:

The Passage Guide opens the text, commentary, copy text and text comparison.  I would like it to open just the text and commentary - how do I tell L4 to do this?

The "Go Command Bar" on the home page opens a different commentary than I would like.  I want it to open NICOT/NICNT (As expensive as they were I want them to be the first commentary I see).

I'm sure I am missing the obvious solutions

The system default fo a passage guide from the GO bar is as you describe. This, unfortunately, cannot be changed.

You will be better off setting up a passage guide layout and using that.

Right click on any NICOT/NICNT volume in your library and select "Prioritize this series". Open the prioritize pane and drag the series higher than any other commentary.

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:29 PM

RonaldQuick:
The Passage Guide opens the text, commentary, copy text and text comparison.  I would like it to open just the text and commentary - how do I tell L4 to do this

I'm assuming you do this from Home Page as it just made a mess of my Layout by opening new panes! Can't help you there.

Prioritise NICOT/NICNT by dragging one of the volumes from Library to Prioritize - make sure it is the first commentary in the list.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:38 PM

I've got the NICOT/NICNT to be the first commentary to open---Thanks

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 9:00 PM

There are a couple of options available. There is a default Passage Guide that is connected to the Home Page as most of us are familar with. However, the Passage Guide can be modified to fit one's particular taste. Creating a new Passage Guide and naming it "My Passage Guide" makes it the new passage guide which is executed from the Home Page. However, the original layout remains the same.

For a more tailored workspace, uncheck the "Show Home Page at Startup" box and design your own personal layout. Design it around your modified passage guide and save (name) the layout. From this point on Logos uses your newly designed layout when it opens. (Actually I think Logos reopens with what ever layout is open when you last closed.) In any event, my modified passage guide and layout is now my opening screen, which for me works with a little more flexibility than the default passage guide and layout originally connected to the Home Page.

FWIW

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS