Chronological bible reading for Logos 4

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Doug Gebhardt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:52 PM

Is there a way to setup a chronological bible reading plan for Logos 4? I had it in Logos 3, but it did not change over when I put in Logos 4.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:57 PM

LesleyMGebhardt:

Is there a way to setup a chronological bible reading plan for Logos 4? I had it in Logos 3, but it did not change over when I put in Logos 4.

Peace and Joy to you in the Lord!             *smile*

Logos 4 is completely independent from Logos 3.  They may run concurrently if one desires.

In Logos 4, simply use the Reading Plan under "Files" to create a chronological Bible reading plan.     The plan will show up on your 'ribbon'.

Yours in Christ,                        ..........    Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:01 PM

LesleyMGebhardt:
Is there a way to setup a chronological bible reading plan for Logos 4?

The wiki has the command string necessary to do this.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:26 PM

Chronological Bible Reading Plan

I was able to modify/import the Chronological Bible Reading Plan created by Morris Proctor and posted on his website.

This is how I did it:
1. Download the plan from: (http://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/pageid/1176/index.html)
2. Double-click the downloaded XML file to open.  It will open in your web browser.
3. Highlight all the Bible References in the area between <passage> and </passage> (Genesis – Revelation)
4. Open Logos 4
5. Click on “All Passages”
6. Click in the box labled Reference Range
7. Now paste
8. Click in the Title box and give your plan a name.  (I used In Chronological Order as shown here):
9. Now click save
10. Now click go – after a delay, your reading plan should show up:
13. Hope this helps someone out

I have this in a Word Document with screen shots.  But don't know how to upload it.

Terry Roberts
Kaneohe, HI

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:28 PM

Sorry, left out a step -  add step 4a:

4a.  Click on File->New->reading plan

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:54 PM

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 41
Ron Christensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:59 AM

Terry, that was AWESOME... thank you so much. It works perfect !Smile

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:21 AM

Thanks Terry I'll have to do that when I get back home. I was just going to ask that question this morning.

Have a blessed day everyone.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:33 AM

Works perfect for me.

If someone has the ESV Study Bible list of the references, it might be great. I was using it this year and it is just great plan. For the next year I plan to use the Chronological Bible Plan. Thanks Terry.

Bohuslav

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 1:41 PM

There is a list on the wiki here: http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

I would be interested to see if there are any differences between the list on the wiki and the mp list.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 1:52 PM

Darren Paul Wright:
I would be interested to see if there are any differences between the list on the wiki and the mp list.

If I am correct, the wiki Chronological Bible Reading Plan is from the same source I got mine. It was Trey Selman who posted it here.

I really don't know if it is the same as MP version. I would like to find out also.

Bohuslav

Posts 19
Vickie Weers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 2:07 PM

Thanks, Terry, it worked wonderfully.    Very excited to do this over the next year.

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:40 PM

Terry Roberts:
  But don't know how to upload it.

1) zip the file (yes, this is required)

2) click on the icon after the broken link ... I've been told it is supposed to be a filmstrip

3) browse to the zipped file

4) select, open and wait for the magic to happen

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1341
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:59 PM

I had this set up for 78 weeks (1.5 years), weekdays only, starting 1/1/2010, using God's Word translation.  Scroll down to June 2010.  All the Psalm readings start at verse 2!

This does not happen with the NIV.  There seems to be a problem with the pericope settings of the GW version.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Peter

Posts 39
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:40 PM

FYI, I updated the wiki with a much more detailed Chronological Bible Reading plan, with both the OT and NT as separate plans (though you can always combine them of course).  I'm going through the NT right now and it works like a charm.  Haven't tried the OT yet.

http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

PeterLi:

I had this set up for 78 weeks (1.5 years), weekdays only, starting 1/1/2010, using God's Word translation.  Scroll down to June 2010.  All the Psalm readings start at verse 2!

This does not happen with the NIV.  There seems to be a problem with the pericope settings of the GW version.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

An updated version of the GOD'S WORD translation that fixes this problem has been published.

Posts 26467
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:25 PM

PeterLi:

I assume that you are aware that Jewish and Catholic tradition include the headings as verse 1 so that the text of the Psalm begins at verse 2.

Posts 1341
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:34 PM

Bradley Grainger:
An updated version of the GOD'S WORD translation that fixes this problem has been published.

Thank you!!  Problem fixed.  You guys are awesome!

Posts 1
Drew Herndon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:27 PM

i just recently looked at this and Judges seems to be left out unless i am missing it big time.

Posts 94
David N. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:03 AM

2011/01/03

Hi Terry,

You said:

Terry Roberts:
Chronological Bible Reading Plan

I was able to modify/import the Chronological Bible Reading Plan created by Morris Proctor and posted on his website.

This is how I did it: 

Thanks so much for this tutorial.  It worked beautifully. Yes Yes Yes

David

Dell OptiPlex 745 - Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz - 4GB RAM - XP Pro SP3
Seagate 160GB - 7200RPM - ATI Radeon x1300 256MB PCI-e

1 Timothy 1:17

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS