PROBLEM with Expositors Bible Commentary - Abridged Edition

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 6 2012 10:30 AM

Hello Logos,

A while back I purchased the Expositors Bible Commentary - Abridged Edition.  And today when I was looking up something regarding Matthew 8:2-3, I saw, in parenthesis, it says (on leprosy, see comment on Mk 1:40).  But when I click on the reference to see the comment, another tab opens up and it says:

You don't have a license to view this resource, but you could . . .

Then it lists the resource id as: LLS:EBCABRIDGED

Is it saying that I don't have a license to view a product that I have purchased? 

When I click on the reference to be able to see the comment about leprosy - it should take me there.  I can get to the comment manually - but not by clicking the link. When I click the link it tells me I don't have a license to view that resource.  Something is not right there. 

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit), on a powerful new PC, with 8 gigs of ram - so it should work.  It was working on my last PC which was an Intel Core 2 duo, with 6 gigs of ram, and Windows XP.

PLEASE FIX THIS - or help me fix it.

Thanks

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 11:02 AM

Stein Dahl:
Is it saying that I don't have a license to view a product that I have purchased? 

I have this on a mac and all of the "see comment" links to the EBC NT abridged edition  open a new window saying "This resource couldn't be opened for some reason".   I've reported this as a typo.  The EBC OT abridged edition works properly.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 12:34 PM

Mike W:
I've reported this as a typo.

Yes, it is a typo in the link to the Mark reference. It should have been EBCABRIDGEDNT not just EBCABRIDGED. If you simply key Mk 1:40 in the reference window you will go to the article for that verse and hence the information on leprosy.

You probably have some Bible Dictionaries or Encyclopedias in you library that have more information about this disease than the little bit given in this commentary on Mk 1:40.

Posts 2830
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 6 2012 12:39 PM

Stein Dahl:

You don't have a license to view this resource, but you could . . .

Then it lists the resource id as: LLS:EBCABRIDGED

I am having the same problem as well & I am running Windows 7 (64bit). So I don't think the problem is with your system.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 1:17 AM

Thanks Ted,  (and everyone who responded)

It basically confirms what I suspected - that there is something wrong with those links in the EBC NT Abridged Edition.  I'm actually not in need of any information regarding leprosy, which was the subject of the link.  I just chose that link at random and found that it didn't work properly. 

And I am also aware that I can get to the comment that the link refers to by typing in the Bible reference and going there manually.  But that defeats the whole purpose that the links are written into the text. They're there so that all you have to do is click on them to get to more and related info about the subject that you're studying.  I shouldn't have to use a "work around". 

I just feel that the links should work properly, and I thought LOGOS would want to know about it so that they can correct it, since it is in regards to how Logos displays links in one of the commentaries.

If it needs to be reported to Logos in another place than this forum - let me know.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS