Study Bibles?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:21 AM

Are there any study Bibles or the notes from study Bibles available for Logos 4.  i.e. MacArthur Study Bible.

Thanks.

Keith

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:13 AM

I have both the Mac study bible and the Reformation study bible in v4

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:36 AM

KeithGodfrey:
Are there any study Bibles or the notes from study Bibles available for Logos 4.  i.e. MacArthur Study Bible.

The Study Bibles I have are the complete word study bible, the Apologetics Study Bible, Nelson Study Bible, Woman's Study Bible, and MacArthur Study Bible

Posts 3718
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:48 AM

KeithGodfrey:
Are there any study Bibles or the notes from study Bibles available for Logos 4. i.e. MacArthur Study Bible.

I can add:

Believers Study Bible
Complete Word Study Bible
KJV Study Bible
Nelson Study Bible
New Living Translation Study Bible
NKJV Study Bible
Reformation Study Bible
Word In Life Study Bible
Spirit Filled Life Study Bible

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:05 AM

I think there's a woman's study Bible as well.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 19056
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:12 AM

I'd like to see the NIV Study Bible notes.

Posts 7
Miss Linda | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:14 AM

In addition to many of the other Study Bibles mentioned here, I have the Scofield Study Bible notes, as well as the NET Bible study notes.

Linda S. George

"Let your adornment be the hidden man of the heart, with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in God's sight" (I Peter 3.4).

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:07 AM

I have, I think, virtually all the study bibles. I highly recommend "Word in Life Study Bible."  It is different from the others. Doesn't do a verse-by-verse, but has excellent articles, background material and such. It's a worthy resource to have in your collection. Blessings to all, Steve

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:28 PM

Just to add: ESV Study Bible currently on Pre-Pub; note there are 2 Versions of MacArthur Study Bible (the older one and the newer one)

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5252

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 1513
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:08 PM

I'd like to see the Jewish Study Bible (NJPS+notes) and NIV Study Bibles as well.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:43 PM

Ben:
Jewish Study Bible (NJPS+notes)

I agree - I also want the Catholic Study Bible, the Orthodox Study Bible and the ecumenical Access Bible

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:04 PM

I know there is not only the ESV Study Bible, but the Lutherans have their version.  Missouri Synod has "The Lutheran Study Bible" and ELCA has just "Lutheran Study Bible" - no "THE" in front.

That said, I know that Concordia Publishing intends to produce the Libronix version in early spring.

Dan

Posts 37
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:32 PM

Put my request in for the Defender's Study Bible.

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:36 PM

How do I find, purchase and add these additional Bibles?

Keith

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:41 PM

KeithGodfrey:

How do I find, purchase and add these additional Bibles?

Keith

Take a look here

http://www.logos.com/search?q=%22Study+bible%22

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:54 PM

Great.  And then to install new books???

THANKS.

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 8:52 PM

Dan Sheppard:
Missouri Synod has "The Lutheran Study Bible" and ELCA has just "Lutheran Study Bible"

I've been interested in see these - but our local Lutheran bookstore has closed.  What is your impression of these?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:07 PM

I am LCMS, so I find the Concordia version fabulous.

Our concern with our ELCA brothers, without getting into church politics (their recent decision to permit gay marriage/ordination), is that they made changes to the Bible, to go gender-neutral, etc.  I think they may have also "softened" things such as the passages forbidding gay marriage.

So for a Missouri Synod person, we would not find the Augsburg/Fortress version to be as acceptable.

Posts 29
Robert N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:53 PM

I ditto the request for the Defender's Study Bible in any of its three iterations: Defender's Study Bible, New Defender's study Bible, Morris Study Bible.

Posts 29
Robert N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:55 PM

I too would like to see the Orthodox Study Bible (OSB) AND the Eastern Orthodox Bible (EOB).

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS