Question about Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary set

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 115
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 13 2012 9:11 PM

Does anyone know if these are the full texts, maps, charts, pictures, drawings etc compared to the print version?  I have ran into issues in past where the books sold on Logos had some missing pictures etc because copyright of specific pictures did not allow electronic versions.

Thanks

Posts 115
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 1:44 PM

Anyone? :-)

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 1:50 PM

I don't have the print set to compare, but based on what I've seen.. yes.

Some of the smaller photos in the print edition have a very high resolution, but the electronic versions a low resolution.

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 1:58 PM

I would call customer service (or send an email). Of course, if you aren't happy with the resource, you can request a refund.

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 493
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 6:33 PM

Stephen Smith:

Does anyone know if these are the full texts, maps, charts, pictures, drawings etc compared to the print version?  I have ran into issues in past where the books sold on Logos had some missing pictures etc because copyright of specific pictures did not allow electronic versions.

I have it in Logos as well as the NT set in paperback, and I have to admit they did a pretty good job of making it the same. All the pictures and maps are in the Logos edition, the best I can tell. Having it in Logos certainlly adds hits to your Biblical Places and Biblical Things searches, though I don't think it picks up every piece of media the way you expect it to.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2012 12:05 PM

Previous thread on this is http://community.logos.com/forums/p/41827/311617.aspx

I can't confirm it being an identical match to the print edition (I don't have the print edition). But I do like them in Logos Big Smile

Posts 115
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2012 6:47 AM

I did send an email to support asking this question back on the 14th but have not heard a response other than the auto respond when I sent it...... Confused

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2012 8:19 AM

Yes all the full texts, maps, charts, pictures, drawings in the print edition is in the Logos edition. Hope this helps?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 115
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2012 7:36 AM

Thanks for all the feedback.  However I was hoping for a official response as well.  My question that I sent to support has fallen on deaf ears it seems, I never received a response.  Having said all that I guess I will have to pass on buying the set.  It is fairly expensive and I do not want to get burned by buying something that is missing resources or in some other way is abridged.

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2012 8:25 AM

Ok if it is an official response you are looking for. I have both the hard copy and the Logos edition, the Logos edition is an exact replica of the hard copy. With Logos you get a 30 days trial period, if you are not satisfied you can ask for a refund. I guess what I am trying to say, I can't see how you will get burnt with such a guarantee in place.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS