Highlighting and copying text from the footnotes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Tommi Karjalainen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 16 2012 6:03 AM

Hi guys, I'd really appreciate if you'd made this possible. I know that if I copy text containing a footnote, I can choose to copy also the footnoting, but I sometimes I want to highlight or copy text from the footnotes only.

Currently facing this issue with Gesenius Hebrew Grammar, Logos 4.5b

Posts 24506
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 7:31 AM

Hi Tommi

If you open the Power Lookup panel you can copy text from the footnotes which are displayed there (this is true on Windows and I think on Mac as well).

It doesn't give you everything you want - no highlighting - but it might be useful

Graham

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 8:59 AM

This is a known limitation of the on-page footnotes feature. Rest assured that a case has been created to look into it (although it hasn't been scheduled for any known release). Unfortunately, the issues involved are non-trivial given the structure of the book (i.e. the footnote articles are located in a different part of the resource file and each footnote article is seperate from one another).

Interestingly, this is also why mobile only supports the on-page footnotes feature on downloaded resources.

Regardless, we always appreciate user feedback and take it under advisement when prioritizing features on our ever-growing backlog.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS