How do I transfer my own extra Logos books from Logos 3 to 4?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:38 AM

I have several other commentairies and dictionaries which were integrated into Logos 3. I wish to transfer them to Logos 4. Please give the "how to."

R J Kloosterhuis

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:51 AM

RobertKloosterhuis:

I have several other commentairies and dictionaries which were integrated into Logos 3. I wish to transfer them to Logos 4. Please give the "how to."

R J Kloosterhuis

If they are in PPB format, I'm afraid that the answer is a matter of waiting:

What's Missing from Logos 4

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:55 AM

If they are not PBB format, L4 should automatically read your license file and either copy them to it's own directory or download them.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:15 AM

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

A line on the jacket of the series I am referring to states: “SOFTWARE INTEGRATION: LOGOS RESEARCH SYSTEMS, OAK HARBOR, WASHINGTON.”  I do not know what the format is.  I installed the additional books when I had Windows 3.1 as an OS.

R J Kloosterhuis

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:24 AM

RobertKloosterhuis:
A line on the jacket of the series I am referring to states: “SOFTWARE INTEGRATION: LOGOS RESEARCH SYSTEMS, OAK HARBOR, WASHINGTON.”  I do not know what the format is.  I installed the additional books when I had Windows 3.1 as an OS.

Assuming you can see this book through Logos 3 (AKA Libronix), it should be automatically copied to or downloaded into your L4 directory, if you have synchronized your licenses with the Logos home servers. If you have done that and you still don't see it in Logos4 you can try this: type scan C\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources into the Logos4 command bar (assumes a default installation). L4 should pick it up.

If that doesn't work, you can ask here if any of us have it in L4, or you can contact tech support directly (via email or phone). NOTE: tech support is very busy these days, expect delays.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:24 AM

I did as you suggested. --Nothing. My license is synchronized, did so before installing L4. I will now contact tech support. Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:44 PM

RobertKloosterhuis:

I did as you suggested. --Nothing. My license is synchronized, did so before installing L4. I will now contact tech support. Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Just realized another issue. If they are on the old LSF/LIX format only, L4 can't read them. But Logos is not aware of any 2.0 (or prior) resources that they have not converted to lbxlls. I suppose it's possible they lost the rights to one, a long time ago.

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:56 PM

The books I referred to are all formatted in Logos Bible Software 2.0.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:58 PM

RobertKloosterhuis:

[Sigh] Those won't work in L4.

What are the titles? Perhaps they have been updated for L3 and we could get you going with the updated books.

BTW, have you talked with Logos support yet?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:11 PM

Rich

I had to check the beta posts to confirm that Logos4 does read LSF (Logos 2.x) files

Bradley Grainger:
We have designed Logos 4 to read all LBXLLS and LSF resources and to be as backwards compatible as possible. (Logos 4 can successfully read every single LSF file we have on the network storage at Logos.)

The issue might be the transfer of the licence, hence the need to still contact Logos Support.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:14 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

RobertKloosterhuis:

[Sigh] Those won't work in L4.

What are the titles? Perhaps they have been updated for L3 and we could get you going with the updated books.

BTW, have you talked with Logos support yet?

I ran into this when I picked up an old Logos 2.0 CD, and before I installed it I called CS to see how to get it into 3.0

The sequence was:

1. Fully install the 2.0 program and resources on my computer
  2. Start and sync licenses in L3 (then restart)
  3. Add the 2.0 resource directory to my searched paths in L3
  4. Refresh resources in L3
  5. 2 restarts of L3
  6. Run the resource update script

After this the resources were available and updated to the latest versions in L3

Hope this helps.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:37 PM

I do not have the old 2.0 software installation disk any more.  I recall having used the procedure you indicated. Because I have been using L3 for quite some time, I had no need to retain 2.0. I used L3 everyday since the change to L3. All the other books (scholar's edition) in L3 moved to L4. But not the ones in question. I purchased the Seventh-day Bible Commentary Series which included: 9 volume of Commentary, plus Dictionary, Bible Source Book, Encyclopedia, Historical Atlas, Strong's Concordance, plus a number of  Bibles found also in Logos 2.0 and L3.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:41 PM

RobertKloosterhuis:

I do not have the old 2.0 software installation disk any more.  I recall having used the procedure you indicated. Because I have been using L3 for quite some time, I had no need to retain 2.0. I used L3 everyday since the change to L3. All the other books (scholar's edition) in L3 moved to L4. But not the ones in question. I purchased the Seventh-day Bible Commentary Series which included: 9 volume of Commentary, plus Dictionary, Bible Source Book, Encyclopedia, Historical Atlas, Strong's Concordance, plus a number of  Bibles found also in Logos 2.0 and L3.

Your best (if not only) hope, if you've lost those old 2.0 disks is to get in touch with Logos support and see what they can do to help you.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:51 PM

Suggest you use L3 to find the name of the resource files (My Library, search for the title, right click and run "about this resource", scroll the new resource information window to find the file name).  You can then try to run the L3 update resources script http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd or you can try to find an updated L3 file with the same name on the FTP server and put this into your L3 resources folder manually.  L4 would then take it from there assuming that L3 had your working licence for these resources synchronized with the server.

Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:29 PM

Thank you, friend, for that advice. I shall try your suggestion and, then, if needed, contact Logos support.

Blessings,

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 12:18 PM
I have 46 Logos 2.0 resources in the old dual-file (*.lix & *.lsf) format which Logos 4 automatically imported from my LDLS 3 resource folder. The older files don't have all of the information as the newer file types (book cover photo) and the NASB comes up as monograph rather than Bible, but it opens up just fine.
Posts 20
Robert Kloosterhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 12:25 PM

I have consulted with Tech at Logos. They could not help. So I am contacting the original publisher about my problem. I do not understand why the 2.0 files work in L3.0 but will not transfer to L4.0. I await an answer from the original publishers who had an agreement with Logos to publish and use their software.  

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS