4.5c Beta 1 - Program Setting - Doctrinal Choice ?

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:
I'll just ask for free resources for life (for me and selected friends) in exchange.Cool

MJ, would you please include me in your list of friends. Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 1:53 PM | Locked

Lynden Williams:
MJ, would you please include me in your list of friends. Big Smile

I was thinking the same thing. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

From release notes:

New Features

• Program Settings
    • Added application setting for “Include Deuterocanonical Books.” This setting does not currently affect any data. (See this thread.)

Okay, Logos - whose's Deuterocanonicals? Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Slavic Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican ... and what are the LXX-based (+ a bit) Jews of Ethiopia to do? And what about the Russian sect that limits its canon to Revelation?

MJ. Smith:
I wonder if they are responding to the complaints that certain texts are treated as canonical. I would love it if we had a "Canon" setting.

I think I win the prize assuming horseshoe rules apply - closest to the stake.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Bradley posted some more information regarding this setting in this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/50177.aspx

tom collinge:

My question is what Deuterocanonical Books are included? Different faith traditions within Christianity use different deuterocanonical books.

All of them.

As noted in the popup help for that setting, this only affects Bible Facts tools (e.g., Biblical People) when data (from deuterocanonical books) is available.

No such data is currently available, so this setting has no effect. However, we anticipate adding this data in a future update to those resources (I don't have an estimate on the timeframe); this would possibly coincide with a reverse interlinearisation of the NRSV Apocrypha (see http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/514417-create-a-reverse-interlinear-for-nrsv-deuterocanon).

If and when we have sufficient data from different traditions of deuterocanonical books (a big "if"), this setting may be made more fine-grained.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

tom collinge:
Because it is so vague, people are going to write stories on what this setting is for.  And Logos needs to have their hands slapped for putting something out that is so vague that no one can figure it out.
Doesn't this thread count as a mild slap? <smile>

Honestly I also would like a clarification as to what this effects.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3691
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 12:26 PM | Locked

(deleted entry)

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2012 3:08 PM | Locked

TCBlack:
Doesn't this thread count as a mild slap? <smile>
In a way, yes.  IMHO, Logos needs to do some training concerning the faiths of others.  This type of programming (offensive language to the non-Roman Catholics and to the non-protestants people) should never of happened in the first place.

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

tom collinge:
IMHO, Logos needs to do some training concerning the faiths of others.

IMHO2

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

I like the denomination option.

I hoping that by setting it to protestant,

1. I won't have to see the apocrypha listed as scripture in some resources.

2. I won't have to see any pictures of jesus or catholic shrines on the front pages of logos.

Posts 54
Steve Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

Catholic. Thanks for making Logos functional for Catholics. Much appreciated.

Steve Ray (www.CatholicConvert.com)

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS