How to Create Your Own Cross-References

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9
Evan Brammer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:35 PM

This may already be well-known, but it has helped me to be able to manually cross-reference verses.  The tip has already been added to the wiki, but I'll paste it here.

Cross-References

• Create your own cross-references by:
    • Creating a note file and naming it “Cross References”
  • Whenever you come across a verse that you would like to reference yourself:
    • Highlight the verse, right click, click “Add a note to ‘Cross-References’
  • Under the automagically pasted reference in the note file:
    • Copy/paste the cross-referenced verse, write in the the reference before the verse and Logos will hyperlink it.
  • Reverse the process for the other reference
Perhaps there is (or Logos could create one) a more direct way for us to manually cross-reference?  Any thoughts or other methods out there?
Posts 27968
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:37 PM

Thank you very much ... I've been concerned about the lack of a cross-reference against fuller canons. This is a useful substitute which lets me enter the information from study bibles - which I know raises copyright issues if shared.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Madagoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:38 PM

Dear All,

I would very much like to see a direct cross link module where one can right-click a verse/word/phrase and be able to cross reference to another verse. i envisage that I could add a text note, so notes may be the way to go i.e. add a cross reference pane to notes and allow hyperlink from verse to verse and/or note to note.

I would like to use this for working with cults i.e. keep my apologetics as notes linked to key verses and be able to migrate though a study using the hyperlinks, where i have the notes as floatables or as notes i can open.

Posts 18826
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:51 PM

Thanks, Evan, for that great reminder!

Malcolm Goodwin:

I would very much like to see a direct cross link module where one can right-click a verse/word/phrase and be able to cross reference to another verse.

That's a good idea. I'd love to see this more general than just Bible cross-references, too. I'd love to be able to add any cross reference to a place in another resource. In fact, I'd love to be able to "fix" missing links this way, too. And share my fixes of those missing links with others! Hey, this is beginning to look like the solution to missing links that I suggested recently. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS