Transition Help

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:44 PM

I'm a long time Online Bible (Mac) user, and I need help transitioning to Logos (I have both version 3 and the 4 beta).

For example: In OLB there's a number next to the verbs that, when dbl-clicked, shows the verb parsing (tense, mood, voice, etc). Is there something similar in Logos to get that kind of information that simply? (i.e. w/o opening a window that details the entire passage?)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:53 PM

Run an "Exegetical Guide" from the Homepage in v3.  V4 doesn't have a functioning exegetical guide yet Crying

Exegetical guide is the second option/button under the 'Go' box in V3

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:42 PM

Thanks Michael. I'm looking at the E.G. right now. I see lots of info, but no verb parsing. Is there another step?

Posts 44
Ed Jent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:51 PM

Ron here is one of the ways. Open your NASB and hover over a word. the information pops up at the bottom of the screen. 

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:22 PM

I don't see that. We're talking about Logos 3 for Mac (v. 1.2.2 ) right?

When I hover over a word in the NASB I get a popup dictionary window. Maybe I need to change my prefs?

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:18 PM

In the E.G. you can click on any word.  It will pop you down to the word by word section of the guide and give you parsing info.  Not tool tip, but it works

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:29 PM

Thanks again for trying, but when I click on a word in the E.G. all that happens is the word is highlighted (by a cool flashing red star) in the text window.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:46 PM

What is your base package.  My word by word section looks like this: [View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/3487.EG.tiff]

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:48 PM

Well, that link doesn't work, but E.G. should give you all the parsing info you need.  I am using it to assist in my Greek work right now.

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:21 PM

I agree it should. I wish it would.

here's a past fgrom the E.G. screen to Romans 9:18. I can open any of the 3 available resources, but none of them include verb paring.

desires

G2309

Enhanced Strong's Lexicon  DBL Greek  NASB Dictionaries

r

hardens

G4645

Enhanced Strong's Lexicon  DBL Greek  NASB Dictionaries

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:30 PM

Hit the properties button on the tool bar of your guide.  Switch to a greek manuscript or a reverse interlinear and you will get parsing info by clicking on the word.  NASB does not have morphological tags.

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:33 PM

And... voila! It works. Thank You!

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:35 PM

You may also want to check out the tutorial videos (I am assuming they are archived on the Logos Support page).  These will help you learn the software's features.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:36 PM

You are very welcome!  Sorry it took so long!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS