Need help from someone with Ellingworth's Hebrews commentary

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 30 2012 2:55 PM

I've been having strange problems searching Ellingworth's Hebrews commentary -- I won't go into detail but you can read about it here -- http://community.logos.com/forums/t/50341.aspx

I have 'Show page numbers' selected for this resource and get the wrong results. Would someone else who owns this resource try turning on 'Show page numbers', go the beginning of the resource, and do a 'Ctrl-F' search for 'weiss'? The first hit will be in the introduction. Hit find next occurrence and see if it finds the correct string.

I don't get the wrong results when I don't have 'Show page numbers' selected. It only shows up when I do have this option on.

Thanks - Gary

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:17 PM

I don't get the false hit you do:

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:18 PM

Oops sorry I do have Show Page Numbers on all my resources...

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:18 PM

Hey Gary- I just tried it exactly as use stated and I got no results with the 'show page numbers' and without it. Sorry mate.

Cheers,

Marcus

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:19 PM

Dominick Sela:

Oops sorry I do have Show Page Numbers on all my resources...

Can you try it with this option off?

EDIT

Sorry Dominick - I don't know if I'm 'on' or 'off' Big Smile I was wanting you to try it with the option on. The support tech could not reproduce it on his machine, but someone else in the office did -- so at least I'm not going absolutely batty and imagining things.

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:22 PM

Marcus G.:

Hey Gary- I just tried it exactly as use stated and I got no results with the 'show page numbers' and without it. Sorry mate.

Cheers,

Marcus

Ok thanks. I can leave this option off and not get the error -- reckon that's what I'll have to do. Just frustrating. I've rebuilt the index 4 times; re-downloaded the resource three; spent over an hour on phone with support.

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:27 PM

Bummer....Hopefully Logos can sort it out...Blessings.

Marcus

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 3:59 PM

Marcus G.:

Bummer....Hopefully Logos can sort it out...Blessings.

Marcus

I get the same results in Bruce's Galatians commentary (same series) when I search for 'texte'. Since I seem to be the only one having this problem, I think it's a sign from God that He wants me to buy a new computer Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS