4.5 c Beta 3 shut down during an indexing

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 30 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

6472.Logos4Error.zip

Does this log relate to (or cast light on) Logos apparently turning itself off (shortly after launch) during indexing?

Thanks

Regards, SteveF

Posts 25813
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2012 8:30 PM | Locked

It states that Logos4 could not connect to a remote server, but what do you mean by "turning itself off"?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 5:03 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Logos4 could not connect to a remote server, but what do you mean by "turning itself off"?

The connection part makes sense as I was using internet in a hotel room. There may have been a problem with their "free" internet.

As for turning off---it just "quit" ie disappeared off of the screen--no message--quit as though turned off by the "red x" etc.

Thanks

Regards, SteveF

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Do you have the Logos4.log and crash log from this incident? Have you experienced this issue since then?

Posts 8636
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

I'm getting the same crash repeatedly, each time L4 starts it attempts to reload the indexer.

The crash.txt log says: The database disk image is malformed

Logs attached.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8636
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 9:48 AM | Locked

Addendum: I have just issued the rebuild index command. We shall see how it goes.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Ann Boyles:
Do you have the Logos4.log and crash log from this incident?

The Logos4 log was from a month before.The crash log was from a week ago. The error log I posted was the only current up-to-date log. Sorry.

Ann Boyles:
Have you experienced this issue since then?

Sorry, no. I'm out of town at a conference so my computer time has been limited.

[Later edit: appears to be working fine again]

(I know Bradley has commented on this following concern, but not sure if current beta was to have fixed it?) However, Logos4 still does not synchronize correctly the resources between beta and stable versions There are at least 4 resources on the Stable version (on a separate Administrative user) that have not shown up on the User partition where beta version is located. even after doing a number of "scan"s to resource path of stable version & additional "refresh" resources commands. At least one of these missing on beta has been available on the Stable version for over two weeks! [None of these are PBB's---all were orders]. Curious as to what/why (under "hood" causes them to load (so much sooner) on Stable version, yet take so long, sometimes two weeks, if then, to show up on beta "side"?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2012 10:50 PM | Locked

SteveF:

There are at least 4 resources on the Stable version (on a separate Administrative user) that have not shown up on the User partition where beta version is located. even after doing a number of "scan"s to resource path of stable version & additional "refresh" resources commands.

Do you know which specific resources are missing (i.e., the resource IDs and versions)? If so, that would be helpful for identifying this problem.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

The following are the three remaining items that have made it to my stable version but not as of yet to the beta version.

BUT - ALL of these "codes" below -( which I copied from the Library Info panel on the Stable version)  DO appear within the Resource drawer of the beta version!

Thanks for your help with this puzzle.

LLS:9DFBA5229ACD262EA477F12B2194EB8E

2011-09-13T03:32:24Z

9DFBA5229ACD262EA477F12B2194EB8E.logos4

LLS:7452A3D8E2B461ECE3CE8094B60704B4

2011-12-01T18:24:19Z

7452A3D8E2B461ECE3CE8094B60704B4.logos4

LLS:FACA8AFF3115F9322DEE71139230B00D

2012-04-24T10:26:24Z

FACA8AFF3115F9322DEE71139230B00D.logos4

- Ifmore is needed, just let me know.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

jumpin' in: from the cryptic long resource names thes must be Vyrso books or PBs (and in case of PBs: these don't sync between installations!)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

NB.Mick:
Vyrso books

Yes they are Vyrso.

But why can  they appear in Stable but not Beta?

Sync or not--Why did they either download to  beta resource drawer or SCAN over into that location, yet not show up in the Library?

This is not a one-off.

5-6 others have done the same thing --- (fairly quickly) appearing in the Stable, but showing up approx. 2 weeks later in the beta installation.

Puzzled. 

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

I'd like you to check the size of your licenses file on each computer. It can be found at:

%localappdata%\Logos4\Data\<random>\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat

Does it have the same size on both computers? (right-click the file and choose Properties to see the exact size in bytes)

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 7:39 AM | Locked

It would also be helpful to run "update resources" on the computer missing the resources, then post the Logos4.log file here.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2012 6:26 PM | Locked

Size of both files is identical: 207KB

-Beta

Size: 206 KB 211,481 bytes

Size on disk:  208 KB  212,992 bytes

-Stable

Size:  206  211,481

Size on disk: 208   212,992

This "problem" also involves Logos4 resources, "not" just Vyrso. 

LLS:400SILENTYRS

2009-05-15T19:11:37Z

400SILENTYRS.lbxlls

- downloaded to Stable version but although appears in Beta version resource drawer, is not in beta version  Library. This in addition to the other 3 missing resources mentioned earlier.. 

Another (or same) anomaly--beta version said that there were updates . I clicked yes. Apparently they downloaded.  It said restart. I clicked Yes. It then also said indexer had failed and would shut down. [I 'think" this is a "new" development?]  Nothing new (or even up-dated) appeared in beta Library.

46523.Logos4.zip 

Thanks for giving this your attention.

Regards

SteveF

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:52 PM | Locked

Please enter "update resources" in the command bar, wait for checking for updates to complete, then send us the Logos4.log file from that session.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
Please enter "update resources" in the command bar, wait for checking for updates to complete, then send us the Logos4.log file from that session.

I did. That was the log which I posted yesterday. But it appears to be "old"?

So I  double-clicked on  "EnableLogging.js" [which says that logging is working] -- but there does not appear to be a "new" log created?

This one says that it was modified on April 25 NOT on  June 4

What is (not) going on correctly?

My "newest" log is a Logos4Error.log from May 30 which I believe was caused by a glitch in the internet service in a hotel.

Two other logs are from earlier in May [an earlier Error log and a Crash log], but all the rest date back to April.

More Puzzled than before...

Suggestions?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:57 AM | Locked

OK, ONLY after shutting down Logos it did produce a new log.

2287.Logos4.zip

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

SteveF:

So I  double-clicked on  "EnableLogging.js" [which says that logging is working] -- but there does not appear to be a "new" log created?

I'm not sure why that isn't working. Perhaps try holding down CTRL as you start Logos 4? (You should see the Sign In dialog if Logos 4 detects the Ctrl key, which means it has enabled logging for this session; click "Sign In" to continue, and then run "update resources" when the app opens.)

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Perhaps try holding down CTRL

run "update resources" when the app opens.

6445.Logos4.zip

..I hope this was not a posting that crossed one another?

Some resources are deemed "out of date"

Plus there are at least 6 "error" message near the end of this log--not sure what the implications are?

[And finally, there is  beginning issue of the 4 "missing" resources which are in the Stable version but not yet appeared within Beta version, even though the Beta Resource drawer shows that they are present].

Thanks

ps This latest log appears to be quite different from that log I posted just a few minutres before at 10:57 am.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8369
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

As you noted, some resources are found to be out-of-date, but then no updates are found.

To help us understand the problem better, please reply and attach the following file:

C:\Users\8740-\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\jk0spigd.yjy\UpdateManager\Updates.db

(If you want, you can delete that file after attaching it, then re-run "update resources" to see if that helps.)

I see the "Couldn't get download size" errors at the end of the log. Those are related to resource patching being unavailable for the specified resources, but shouldn't normally occur. For some reason, your computer is having trouble accessing the download server, but I don't know why. It shouldn't affect things, because Logos 4 should just fall back to downloading the full resource, not the patch.

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS