Free Book of the Month - June: The Four Hundred Silent Years (H.A. Ironside)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:18 AM

Here's the link to Logos' free book of the month for June 2012:

The Four Hundred Silent Years

by H. A. Ironside

http://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

Overview

“History repeats itself in manifold ways,” writes Ironside in the introduction, “and he who is wise will not despise its instruction.” In The Four Hundred Silent Years, Ironside provides an easy-to-understand account of the period between the end of Malachi and the beginning of Matthew. In it, he provides not merely a chronological outline or a series of biological sketches, but traces the warnings of Ezra and Nehemiah, along with Josephus and other Jewish historians. He covers the end of the priestly rule, the days of the Maccabees, the end of the Asmonean Dynasty, and the Edomites. The final chapter is devoted to a brief commentary on the major writings of Jewish literature, including the Apocrypha. Ironside’s intention to draw practical lessons from the intertestamental period makes this the perfect book for anyone interested in an introduction to this important historical era and the implications for the modern church.

Thanks for the freebie Logos! Yes

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:54 AM

The only problem with the title of this book is that there were not 400 silent years.  Daniel was written during the time of the Maccabees and there were a number of apocalyptic writings (ascribed to figures of hoary antiquity since prophecy was supposed to have ceased).  These apocalypses are important for understanding certain portions of the NT.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1341
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 8:34 AM

It does not show as free, and a Coupon code is pre-filled (7MM12) but there is no button to apply the Coupon code.  I'm wary about pressing "Proceed" in case it will charge my account for the dollar amount.

Anyone else able to get it for free?

thanks

Peter

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 8:37 AM

I was able to get it for free.  When I first tried, it came up as $9.95. It took me a second to realize it was because I had a previous book in my cart.  ;)

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:06 AM

I got it free too - it showed up at $0.00 during my check-out.

Posts 1341
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:35 AM

Got it now.  I also had another book in the cart.  All good now.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 2
Keith Alan Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2012 9:11 AM
I was unable to complete this yesterday. How can I still get it?!?
Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2012 10:43 AM

Hi Keith - and welcome to the forums.

Please see my reply in your other post at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/51552/379111.aspx#379111

Graham

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2012 4:50 PM

Keith Alan Owen:
I was unable to complete this yesterday. How can I still get it?!?

What in the world do u mean u were not able to complete it yesterday?  Complete what? U had a whole month to get it and u waited til the last moment? I think you're so full of it man.  Who are u trying kid around here.  Why don't u tell us the truth that u forgot there was a free book of the month and missed out on it period.  Don't be giving lies about how u weren't able to "complete it yesterday." U cannot get it it's too late so beat it and settle for this month's free book of the month.  Gees I swear this forum is making me sick more and more every time I come to read stupidities like this one or how by accident u downloaded the wrong book or didn't mean to purchase a book or how u're saying so long to logos because your stupid computer can't get downloads right.  Man!!!!

What a way to start the week!

Giovanni

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2012 5:08 PM

Giovanni Baggio:

What in the world do u mean u were not able to complete it yesterday?  Complete what? U had a whole month to get it and u waited til the last moment? I think you're so full of it man.  Who are u trying kid around here.  Why don't u tell us the truth that u forgot there was a free book of the month and missed out on it period.  Don't be giving lies about how u weren't able to "complete it yesterday." U cannot get it it's too late so beat it and settle for this month's free book of the month.  Gees I swear this forum is making me sick more and more every time I come to read stupidities like this one or how by accident u downloaded the wrong book or didn't mean to purchase a book or how u're saying so long to logos because your stupid computer can't get downloads right.  Man!!!!

What a way to start the week!

Giovanni

Whoa, calm down there buddy...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS