Am I the only one?

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:10 PM

Am I the only one thats not getting a notice (e-mail) when something I bid on crosses the line?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:22 PM

Evan Boardman:

Am I the only one thats not getting a notice (e-mail) when something I bid on crosses the line?

can you give us an example?

Posts 864
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:32 PM

Evan Boardman:

I don't see why I should get an email when something you bid on crosses the line Evan Big SmileBig Smile

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:15 PM

tom collinge:
can you give us an example?

I tried to dig up an old one from my trash but its been so long that I've got one ,I'll have to dig deep. If I had a low bid, it would tell me my bid would fail and I have till noon Friday to up it. But most of the time I bid on the going price and I would also get an e-mail saying ya da ya da it's successful and this Friday a pre-pub order will be made for me. Something along those lines...but I havnt been getting them lately.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:13 PM

Evan Boardman:

I believe they only send the notices now when it crosses the line and your bid is not enough. I got two such notices last month.

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 1:18 AM

Evan Boardman:

No, you're not the only one! I'm pretty certain that I didn't receive any emails about the three CPs that are finishing tomorrow. I generally bid under the peak and then raise my bid when it crosses the line, so I rely on the emails to alert me to up my bid.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 3:58 PM

I receive notices if I have underbid on a closing community pricing title. It reminds me that I will need to up my bid if I want to get it at the community pricing closing rate.  Here is one (usually received on the Monday the week the community pricing item is closing):

Bidding will close on 5/18/2012 for A Compendium of Christian Theology.

The current community price for this product is $20.00.

Your bid for this product is $8.00.

Your current bid for this product will not be successful unless 1) you raise your bid to match the community price or 2) more bids are received before the closing date and the community price falls below your current bid amount.

To edit your bids for community priced products, visit ...personal link...

The final price for this product will be lower for everyone if we receive enough new bids before the closing date, so please spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this. Thank you for your interest in this product!

I also receive e-mails once my winning bid has registered, showing that it is going to PrePub, but I have secured it at the community pricing rate:

Your community pricing bid for Classic Commentaries and Studies on Ecclesiastes (26 vols.) was successful and a Pre-Pub order has been created for you for this product.

The final community price you will pay for this product, $25.00 was established on 5/24/2012.

You can make changes to your Pre-Pub order or view more details about your order ...

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 4:27 PM

I don't know if you are the only one but I received an email on 5/18 for a CP product which I had a bid high enough. How long do you think it has been since you received a CP email?

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:08 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

I don't know if you are the only one but I received an email on 5/18 for a CP product which I had a bid high enough. How long do you think it has been since you received a CP email?

Did the email

1. Come on a Friday and say that it is now a Pre-pub?

OR 2. Tell you the bidding would soon close and that your bid was high enough to succeed?

OR 3. Tell you the bidding would close soon and that your bid would fail unless you increased the amount sufficiently to match the community bid?

Posts 8967
Forum MVP
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:20 PM

Randal M Lane:
Did the email 1. Come on a Friday and say that it is now a Pre-pub? 2. Tell you the bidding would soon close and that your bid was high enough to succeed? 3. tell you the bidding would close soon and that your bid would fail unless you increased the amount sufficiently to match the community bid?

I have received these "Your bid is successful." emails for a long time. I get them on Friday and they announce the good news with the statement, "A Pre-ub order has been entered for you at the winning bid." I can't remember if this is one of the specific notification options on my account preferences page because I subscribe to almost every type of notification and news subscription. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:27 PM

Randal M Lane:

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

Did the email

1. Come on a Friday and say that it is now a Pre-pub?

OR 2. Tell you the bidding would soon close and that your bid was high enough to succeed?

OR 3. Tell you the bidding would close soon and that your bid would fail unless you increased the amount sufficiently to match the community bid?

Of the three, I still get type #1 and type #3, but I no longer see type # 2.

Posts 3137
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 1:10 PM

Hi Evan, 

We had a problem that prevented some of our emails going out that notified people if they were under, or not. This should be fixed now. 

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 4:11 PM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Evan, 

We had a problem that prevented some of our emails going out that notified people if they were under, or not. This should be fixed now. 

YesYes

Posts 8862
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:08 AM

Tommy Ball:
This should be fixed now. 

Then why haven't I gotten any e-mail about The Works of A. J. Maas (4 vols.), which went over the top about the same time you wrote that?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
Forum MVP
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 1:32 PM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Evan, 

I found out the hard way. "The Works of Isaac Watts" is now a $149 Pre-Pub that I barely missed out on in the Community Pricing. It does not seem like it was in the "closing soon" status for very long. Hmm I never saw it listed as such.

And to add insult to injury; this morning I snagged the three free Vyrso books for my wife's account. After getting them for her I signed in to get them for my account. While I added the third book my shopping cart changed the price of the second book and it was no longer free. I was confused and was rechecking the second book's pricing when the third book's price changed. I quickly deleted the two and grabbed the first book before it, too, was no longer free.

Next time I am getting my Vyrso FIRST!  Angry Nina can wait.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 3:36 PM

Yeah, it was only in there for a couple days.  Someone made a thread in another section of the forum requesting that all CP items have at least a week from when they cross the line until they go to pre-pub.  I think this is a great idea that should be implemented.  It would benefit everyone.

Posts 8862
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 1:24 PM

fgh:

Tommy Ball:
This should be fixed now. 

Then why haven't I gotten any e-mail about The Works of A. J. Maas (4 vols.), which went over the top about the same time you wrote that?

Bump.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:09 AM

Ditto, still no e-mail notices, for 

John Wycliffe or Murray.

Posts 3137
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:30 PM

I saw this thread extension earlier and already have reported it. Once I hear anything I'll let you know. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier. 

Posts 8862
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:59 AM

Tommy Ball:
I saw this thread extension earlier and already have reported it.

Then where is the e-mail I should have gotten last Friday? It's not like you haven't had plenty of time by now to send it out.

This is CP we're talking about, and these items are closing on Friday. People may miss out because they haven't received the mail telling them to raise, and even those of us who don't may still end up paying more because not everyone who wanted to bid got the chance to do so.

Furthermore, you have a campaign right now, which is supposed to draw new people to CP and show them how it works. Instead you're showing them that is doesn't work. This bug couldn't possibly have come at a worse time. You must get those e-mails out today, even if you have to do it manually one by one, or you'll have transformed that campaign into a complete disaster.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS