Proclaim Presentation not being found by Logos App

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Andy Norris | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 8 2012 8:49 AM

Good morning,

I am trying out the Proclaim software to decide if it will be a good fit for our church, and we are especially excited about the interactivity that it can provide with our congregation.

I downloaded the software and make a test presentation, but I can't get my iPad or my iPhone to find the presentation in the Logos Bible App.

I checked to make sure that they were both set to find nearby presentations using Location Services, and in the Proclaim software on my computer I made sure that I had entered the correct physical address, today's date, etc., so it seems like it should work.

We haven't bought an on-air license because we are still trying to decide if it is a good fit.  Is the interactive functionality disabled until you purchase a license?  If so, is there any way to preview these features without buying the license?  If not, does anybody have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Andy 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:36 AM

Following a presentation is supported even without a license. Two things to check

1. You are only able to follow an On Air presentation. Is your presentation On Air?
  2. Your presentation must have at least one signal. Does your presentation have signals?

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:38 AM

Hi Andy - and welcome to the forums.

One more thing to check - are your computer and iDevices connected to the Internet while you are testing this out?

Graham

Posts 2
Andy Norris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:46 AM

Thanks for the quick replies!

I double-checked and the presentation is "On Air", contains signals, and all of my devices are connected to the internet.

I downloaded the Proclaim App for my devices, and they are able to connect to the presentation and control it remotely without problems, which seems odd.

-Andy 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:47 AM

I can confirm the same behavior on my devices, Andy. 

I'll report this to development for review.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:24 AM

The issue has been resolved. Sorry for the interruption and thanks for reporting it!

Posts 1
Tom Dressler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:43 AM

What was the resolution?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:55 AM

Little Church On The Lane:
What was the resolution?

We deployed a bug in the back end services late Thursday night.

Posts 2
Bernard E. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:40 AM

THIS IS BERNIE Newsome of First Baptist Church of Malvern, Ohio.  We are still having this issue as of yesterday's service.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 7:03 AM

Bernard E. Newsome:

THIS IS BERNIE Newsome of First Baptist Church of Malvern, Ohio.  We are still having this issue as of yesterday's service.

You've made sure that you have a correct location set in the app and location services enabled in your devices?

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 278
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:04 AM

My android app has had several Logos updates lately.  And Logos just stopped when opening as I was attempting to pick up the Proclaim signal.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:47 AM

Mark Johnson:

My android app has had several Logos updates lately.  And Logos just stopped when opening as I was attempting to pick up the Proclaim signal.

Try force stopping the app and restart it. If that fails, clear the cache and local data, then try again.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:23 AM

My android has been unable to locate the presentation as well.  I've set the service time, location, and downloaded the app...but I'm not having any luck discovering it on my device(which has been set to discover presentations).  Any other ideas!?

I've already reinstalled logos. I just don't think its being broadcasted in the first place. Any help?

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:25 AM

PS> I have two signals in my presentation.

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:26 AM

PS. #2: It's On-Air.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:53 PM

David Philip Speas:

My android has been unable to locate the presentation as well.  I've set the service time, location, and downloaded the app...but I'm not having any luck discovering it on my device(which has been set to discover presentations).  Any other ideas!?

I've already reinstalled logos. I just don't think its being broadcasted in the first place. Any help?

Make sure that you navigate to a slide that has a signal while On-Air. Also, restart Proclaim to be sure you have the most current version.

You might also disable your Antivirus software and firewalls temporarily to see if the signals are being blocked.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 6:16 PM

Thank you so much for your help...but I still can't discover it.  I watched some of the tutorial videos and I did see something that might be the problem.  In one of the videos, the cursor clicked on the church icon on the map once the address was entered.  I've done that, but it won't allow me to select anything on the map.  Do I need to register somewhere our church's name/address to be able to select it on the map?!?

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:22 AM

Could you please provide information about the mobile device you are using.

Make and model of the device

OS version

Application name (Logos Mobile or Faithlife) and version

Another thing to check is the current location as reported by the device. Confirm this by opening the Map application on the device and see the current location. If the device has poor GPS signal or the wi-fi based location is inaccurate we may not be able to find the presentation.

-allen

Posts 71
Michael Florant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:00 AM

I still see this as an issue with my iPhone app. I do not see my presentation. 

Posts 1
Gateway Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 4:00 AM

Not working for me either - android app running on Galaxy Note 2 with presentation "on air" with signals on all slides - signed into the logos app and even into the group, location services all on and date and time correct.  Still nothing showing on the logos app even when I search for any active presentations.  Is this a bug with the logos app or the proclaim software?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS