cleaning the forum....?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:03 PM

I was just doing a search on a topic and realized I was drawing search results from 2008, 2009, 2010...etc. Is there any way to search just relevant documents? I mean, Logos has changed so much the last few years, it seems to me that there's isn't any need to bring up posts anymore that don't pertain because they are no longer relevant - issue has been fixed, functionality has changed, etc.

I guess I'm asking, is there any way to clean out the old posts or only search on new posts?

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:20 PM

rog:
I guess I'm asking, is there any way to clean out the old posts or only search on new posts?

I don't know of any. It would be nice. There is a contingency of users who wish that Logos would delete (or at least lock) old threads.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:44 PM

I can understand the plethora of knowledge that is out there about some subjects, but some just need to go away....

Thanks for your reply. I imagine this is a huge task to accomplish, so maybe I'm asking for the impossible....

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 6:58 PM

rog:

I was just doing a search on a topic and realized I was drawing search results from 2008, 2009, 2010...etc. Is there any way to search just relevant documents? I mean, Logos has changed so much the last few years, it seems to me that there's isn't any need to bring up posts anymore that don't pertain because they are no longer relevant - issue has been fixed, functionality has changed, etc.

When you run a search you will be given an option to change the sort order.  Change it to "Sort by Newest First."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:14 PM

Rog - 

I just thought of something that I should have asked… Are you using the search feature on the Logos website, or via another search engine? It is preferable to use Google. 

Use the following syntax BEFORE your search: site:community.logos.com

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:20 PM

As with any forum, old threads do carry significance to other threads. You can search the forum, and perhaps, find an answer to a question without having to post or start a new one…..they did delete a rather large portion in order to get this forum up and running many many moons ago, but that was a whole different era altogether.....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:26 PM

alabama24:

Are you using the search feature on the Logos website, or via another search engine? It is preferable to use Google. 

Use the following syntax BEFORE your search: site:community.logos.com

Additionally, when using Google, you can go into Advanced Search and tell it to search for pages which have only been changed in the past day, week, month, or year.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:28 PM

Room4more:
As with any forum, old threads do carry significance to other threads.

I agree, but old threads can also be a pain in the neck. I spend most of my time in the iOS forum. On a number of occasions users have found old threads which explain something that works differently now. For example, one user found a thread complaining about the lack of highlighting and chimed in… thankfully I could tell him that highlighting had already been added. Wink

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:29 PM

Gary O'Neal:
Additionally, when using Google, you can go into Advanced Search and tell it to search for pages which have only been changed in the past day, week, month, or year.

I didn't know that. Thanks! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS