Beale New Testment Theology now Available

Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 11 2012 8:23 PM

G.K. Beale's A New Testament Biblical Theology: The Unfolding of the Old Testament in the New , requested by several posters in Suggestions, is now available:

http://www.logos.com/product/20974/baker-academic-bible-interpretation-collection

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 9:18 PM

I haven't read any of this book so I don't know, but if it were to be put in a collection, shouldn't it be a Biblical Theology collection?  Perhaps it should just be called a Baker Academic collection.  In other words, if it really doesn't fit the collection, that is one more reason why it should be sold as a single book.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:18 PM

Awesome book. Awesome set!!

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:51 PM

Jerry M:

I haven't read any of this book so I don't know, but if it were to be put in a collection, shouldn't it be a Biblical Theology collection?  Perhaps it should just be called a Baker Academic collection.  In other words, if it really doesn't fit the collection, that is one more reason why it should be sold as a single book.

This is a book you must read! It is an excellent New Testament Theology. You can see my review of it here.

Cliff

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:51 PM

Jerry M:

This is a book you must read! It is an excellent New Testament Theology. You can see my review of it here.

Cliff

Posts 448
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 4:49 AM

I don't understand this bundle at all. Why are two books on biblical theology grouped with several on exegesis and other random titles like "Handbook of Women Biblical Interpreters"? Not a good collection Baker, not good at all.

I'll be waiting for it to get broken up.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 5:45 AM

Clifford Kvidahl:
You can see my review of it here.
A great review.  Sounds like it would be a great read.  A book that size would be require a commitment, but you would be glad you did.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:49 AM

Dave:

I don't understand this bundle at all. Why are two books on biblical theology grouped with several on exegesis and other random titles like "Handbook of Women Biblical Interpreters"? Not a good collection Baker, not good at all.

I'll be waiting for it to get broken up.

While I agree that the bundle does not have tightly focussed topical unity, the resources are all excellent, and it does make an attractive value for the price. But, then again, the price probably puts it out of reach for the large portion of users eagerly desiring for the Beale volume.

Posts 74
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:57 AM

I hope that putting this book in a bundle was the publishers request, because if not, the person at Logos who thought this was a good idea should be let go. How many more people would jump at this if it were a stand alone purchase. 

Posts 448
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:41 AM

Randal M Lane:
the resources are all excellent, and it does make an attractive value for the price

The price is only attractive if you want those resources. I don't doubt that each resource is useful for its context, but who is in the market for an ethics text and Beale's text at the same time?

Baker is going to miss out on a bunch of sales by forcing Logos into this ill-conceived bundle.

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:13 AM

Dave:
Baker is going to miss out on a bunch of sales by forcing Logos into this ill-conceived bundle.

Agreed. 

I'll look forward to when this bundle is broken. 

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:27 PM

It's  $35 on Amazon. The $210 price tag will keep me from owning it until ( and if) is is ever make available individually.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:07 PM

Mark Smith:
The $210 price tag will keep me from owning it until ( and if) is is ever make available individually.

Yes

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:38 PM

Mark Smith:

It's  $35 on Amazon. The $210 price tag will keep me from owning it until ( and if) is is ever make available individually.

My thoughts as well.

Posts 1958
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 4:58 PM

I agree, and I think that this borders on price gouging.  The argument will be that the publisher is forcing the book to be sold as part of the set, but I don't understand why Logos seems to be the only digital book company that has to sell in sets.  A different digital Bible publisher sells NICOT/NICNT and NIVAC individually, and this has bothered me for a long time.  How are they able to negotiate individual sells, and on a less robust and mainstream platform, than Logos can?  I would think that Logos would be in a much better position to negotiate than the other company.  This is just not logical.

I guess I should count my blessings, because if Logos changes its model to offer all books individually, then I will be in a lot of financial turmoil!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 448
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:32 PM

Joseph Turner:
if Logos changes its model to offer all books individually, then I will be in a lot of financial turmoil!
I'm probably in the same boat. There are a ton of purchases I'm not making because the resources are locked away in bundles. The bundles prevent me from breaking the bank because they prevent me from buying at all.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:50 PM

Would love to read it or use it for research, but not at that price for the bundle.  Sad

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:55 PM

Mark Smith:

Agreed! Forget the bundle.  I'm only interested in Beale's title.  The rest would be "useless" to me.  Sometimes I wonder about the sale "strategy" or "request" of certain publishers.  At least Zondervan has made a lot of their titles available individually.  We'll have to wait and see.  :-(

DAL

Posts 47
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:22 AM

Mine too. I would love to have the electronic version of this book, but I will not buy it as long as it is available only in a bundle.

Posts 108
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:43 AM

I agree!!!!

Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS